X

Why the F do they make stop signs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the F do they make stop signs?

I received a call from my wife at 2 pm today. She was crying and managed to keep it together enough to tell me that someone just hit her. She was traveling at 65 miles per hour on highway 33, east bound. A driver heading north bound approaching a stop sign, slowed and then moved outward and T-boned my wife(Mary's) car.
    We took the car to the dealership we bought it from. We asked if we could clear all personal belongings and while doing so the Body shop Manager came out and said, "we won't need to write this one, it is totaled"

OK, now for the kicker, girl that hit Mary had expired insurance!!!! Not only can she not drive, see someone during clear daylight but she doesn't even have F'n insurance.

As some of you know this is our newest and most recent addition to the vehicle family here. Now we are back to one, 1993 Chevy Cavalier. Looks like KatBusa will be coming out of the garage.

In this last picture you will notice that the C pillar is bent. The B pillar is bent at the top and bottom. The right rear suspension is broken. not to mention the doors, thank god for those door crash supports!

The best thing is that both Mary and Hilary are ok for now but we will keep a eye on them to be sure they are!

The best thing is that both Mary and Hilary are ok for now but we will keep a eye on them to be sure they are!
    Last edited by ThAzKat; 01-12-2009, 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Everyone (that you care about) came out ok. Be thankful for that. As for the insurance, it's not your problem. Turn in the damage to your insurance and they'll go after the other driver for the money. Get your new car soon.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

my gosh! glad everyone's okay!
      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Glad to hear she is ok. Its sucks that the car is totaled, but you can replace a car, can't replace people.
        Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

If your state is anything like NC, you had better have had under-insured/non-insured driver insurance. Otherwise, you're on your own.

Glad your loved ones are ok, but still ranks right up there with sucking pretty badly once you do the "everyone lived" inventory.

Comment

I know that loved ones are more important!! That is always my first question. it is just the big F'n headache of it all. we have only had the car for about 10 months!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Glad the fam is ok Thom!

Sounds to me like the lady did a "Cali stop" or is just an idiot (or both). Hang in there and good luck!

KCCO!!!
              Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

what Brooder said.

Keep an eye on the family though, especially the kid. Even though they may be physically OK, it is still a very traumatic event.

Good luck, and keep us informed.
                Originally posted by Nero
                "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Wow thats sucks! Glad everyone is okay. Does Mary always drive that close to the steering wheel? Her seat looks real close. She should drive with with seat so that her arms are fully extended, so that the air bags does not damage her in the event of a front impact.
                  Roops Photography|facebook|
                  03 GSXR 1000
                  04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                  Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Thom, I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay!

Hopefully your insurance company will sue her into her next life, and you can get a replacement ride ASAP.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Accidents sucks ... I know about that !!!

Just glad noone was hurt .. that's even more a PITA .
                      Guylaine
                      Try and keep up now

Comment

:hugz Glad to hear your family is alright.

Comment

Wowsers, glad everyone is ok. Good thing the dumbie driver didn't pull out earlier. Tell them to be mindful of aches and pains over the next few days.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I must say, nothing is worse than rolling up to a accident site knowing that your family is involved!

When I pulled over on the side of the highway, I was going through many different emotions.

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                            Wowsers, glad everyone is ok. Good thing the dumbie driver didn't pull out earlier. Tell them to be mindful of aches and pains over the next few days.
                            That is a definite, I will not rest til I am totally sure that they are ok!
                            Last edited by ThAzKat; 01-12-2009, 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

What the heck??!!
                              Glad she's ok!

Comment

Working...
                              X