No announcement yet.
X

need riding jacket help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have been wondering about the textile question, and how well they protected you. I want a JR jacket, but am hesitant because i will have to go w/ something that wont match the Light Blue that suzuki graced my bike.

Do you guys know where to find gear with this odd light blue color?
    Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

Comment

I live in Florida and wear perforated leather through most of the year... Matter of fact, I have an JR Sonic Perf (black leather) for someone if they need it, because I outgrew it; these days I'm riding warm weather with a JR Blaster perforated (I liked the Sonic better -- zip in lining worked well in the cold, the blaster perf doesn't have the zip-in liner option).

Perforated leather works very well as long as you're not stuck in traffic jams very long (then again, you can always unzip). Wearing moist clothing under it works well too (evaporative cooling, as long as the humidity rate is below about 98%).

As for color-matching, if you buy white (or something with white leather in places), you can redye the white sections of the leather any color you want.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'veonly been riding for a year but i have the icon timax jacket and it was was great. Like above, as long as i wasnt in traffic, my face sweats more than my body did. Ithas vents you can open and close for air flow and aliner when it gets colder out. So i though of it as a good all around jacket since i cant afford a jacket for everytype of weather.

2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Why not just get the JR Alter Ego jacket?

It has leather and mesh both...it appears to be a very versatile jacket.

JC

Comment

Working...
          X