X

need riding jacket help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need riding jacket help

i need help chosingh a riding jacket for summer and fall wheter first of all which do u prefer mesh,textile,or leather padded or unpadded

I have two Fieldsheer jackets. One is a textile and the other is a mesh. I have been happy with both of them. The mesh is great on hot days, but the textile offers more protection. Both have liners that I can add to take out based on the weather. I bought an Alpinestar jacket for my fiance that is primarily textile but has large mesh panels that allow air flow. She really likes it because it is cool enough in the summer, but she can add the liner when the temp cools.

Comment

I have a feildsheer as well.
      Mesh with leather..
      Full armor (including back) removable liner.
      I was going to go perferated leather until I found it.
      I did a lot of research and I highly recomend either
      vented leather or leather/mesh mix.
      The Joe Rocket Sonic 2 is a really nice jacket.
      I went with the fieldsheer because for $80.
      If I didn't feel safe I hadn't lost out much..

here is an example of the mix type:

this is a nice jacket too..

These are close outs so I didn't even look at sizes..

This is mine..

Comment

Some comments:
        (some are harsh reality, so sorry)

**Mesh/textile is a one time use jacket..
        One crash and it's trash..

**Mesh/textile and hot pipes don't mix..

**Crashing in Mesh/textile could mean dermabrasions to get the stuff out of your wounds.

**Nothing protects better than leather.

**Get a Mesh/textile with armor CE rated..

Comment

thanks for the help

i think i`ll stick with leather

Comment

As long as the cost and heat is not a problem. Leather offer the best protection. You may want to consider a perforated jacket. It will be a lot cooler.

Comment

leather

Started in 1999 with 3.5 Million Customers. Shop the best selection of motorcycle riding gear, apparel, parts and accessories online. Over 200,000 product reviews and easy to shop features online. Lowest Price Guarantee, Free Shipping, and No Hassle Returns.

Comment

I like that fieldsheer perfed leather, looks nice, although I don't have the body of R Kelly like the model. full zipper too. could be real nice for 2 piece track suit with as cheap as it is.
                What the deuce!?!

Comment

I have a Firstgear mesh jacket. It's great in the summer, during the day. For just about any other time of day, or part of the year it's too cold.

I also have a JR alter ego jacket. I mostly like it. I think the quality could be a bit better, but that's what I get for buying JR.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Re: leather

Originally posted by evil-eye
                    No!
                    Never buy a jacket for street riding that is not sold specificly for street riding..
                    ESP via internet..
                    Notice that all reputable motorcycle leathers (pants, jackets and chaps)
                    have leather specs.. The leather is XX thick.. the seams are XX construction.
                    This is important.. I have a jacket that is not motorcycle specific, however I've had it for 20 years.. I trust it against a small bore shotgun..

Remember that you only have the skin you were born with..
                    Jacket and pant construction (what with that whole flexability thing)
                    are different than helmets.. A cheap hemet can save your head as well as an expensive one (acourding to the recent Motorcyclist research) but a
                    cheap jacket could lead to pain and a life of nasty scars..

A good quality, long lasting, attractive and functional jacket can be had on the cheap.. by that I mean 150 to 200 tops!
                    Honestly I'd rather you tell me your chest and arm size and I'll hunt one down for you rather than you buy something like that..

Sorry for the rant..

Comment

Listen to Peter. Fashon leather and protective leather are very different. I missed the original question about armored or un-armored jacket. Personally I will not ride without an armored jacket. I also will not allow my passenger to ride without an armored jacket.

Comment

+1 I didn't look at the link you posted...
                        I have a jacket from Wilsons that looks very nice, and is a cycle style jacket however I would never wear it on the bike. It's very thin lambskin. Also fashion jackets are stiched differently. Check out newenough.com you can get some very nice gear from them at a good price!
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

This is more what you should be looking for for sportriding. http://www.newenough.com/product_gro...ut_leather.htm

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

How hot does it get? I got a JR Phoenix 4.0 for my hot days, love it. People have said it balloons but the 4.0 has the buttons to tighten it down, never had a problem, much love. Cold weather love my Astarts TZ1 jacket
                            Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Ive got a JR phoenix jacket and matching riding pants set that works great..mostly mesh with a liner but has the armor in all the usual places..

but most definately if your looking for a textile/leather jacket use some of the links the others like zukifred posted up.. if its not designed for riding, its not gonna do squat to protect you.

Comment

Working...
                              X