No announcement yet.
X

Tank bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally received a return phone call from JR and was basically told thank you for the $62 dollars for the tank bag, but we dont cover any items that get lost or damaged within our tank bags. I explained that THEIR bag said it was waterproof and that my phone got wet INSIDE their bag. Basically told me to GFM. I will not be supporting JR any longer.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

Usually I keep the important stuff (phone, smokes) in zip lock bags.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by str8poolbanger View Post
        I finally received a return phone call from JR and was basically told thank you for the $62 dollars for the tank bag, but we dont cover any items that get lost or damaged within our tank bags. I explained that THEIR bag said it was waterproof and that my phone got wet INSIDE their bag. Basically told me to GFM. I will not be supporting JR any longer.
        He also failed to mention that he did not use the rain cover. Not Joe Rocket's fault, in my opinion.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Tank Bag

I have used an Eclipse Sport bag on mine for 20 years and it still works great an my tank is scratch free. It is a stapped model but it expands to twice the size and still looks great.

Comment

Icon urban. Has magnets that stick EXTREMELY well, also turns into a backpack and has a very nice setup to hold your helmet while in "backpack mode". Has a clear top pocket for maps,cell phones, etc and a very nice organizer pocket on the bottom of the bag.

I have had mine for about 2 years, it fits the tank perfectly...and when full of clothes...is a great place to rest the chin of your helmet on a long ride

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shcFIvatcaM"]YouTube - ‪ICON Urban Tank Bag review from Sportbiketrackgear.com‬‏[/ame]
            Last edited by LAsunbird86; 06-08-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

See my review of the Icon Urban in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Munster View Post
                I have used an Eclipse Sport bag on mine for 20 years and it still works great an my tank is scratch free. It is a stapped model but it expands to twice the size and still looks great.
                i had same years ago and let it go when i traded my hawk gt in 1999. wish i'd kept it. was a great bag. now i have fs expandable.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Be careful with magnetic tank bags if you hav metalic paint. They can discolor the paint with prolonged use.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                    Be careful with magnetic tank bags if you hav metalic paint. They can discolor the paint with prolonged use.
                    I saw that written on my new tank bag label. Kinda odd it could do that to "old has to be dried and cured by now" paint. It said not to leave the bag on all the time, but it would be fine while in use. Interesting, I thought about it as a bed label (the dont remove or else tag) I was just going to leave it on but.....Now ya went and made me paranoid lol
                    My YouTube Videos
                    My motorcyle map!

Comment

I don't know whether it's true or not, or to what extent the paint can be damaged, but I do wonder if it's a thing involving the properties of the paint or simply the magnetism.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Well just had an exhilarating ride for bout an hour in some fairly heavy rain, no rain cover but everything is dry as can be in my fieldsheer.
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

stickerstyler

here is a picture with the Rapid Transit recon 19
                          Attached Files