X

Tank bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank bag

Any good tank bags (not too big) that fit the Kat well ?
    thanks

I got one of these yesterday at my local CycleGear:

It fits my extra visor, disk lock, lock cable, and spare gloves fine with room for me to stuff in some more crap if needed. It wiggles around in the wind at highway speeds a little bit, but since it's mounted with straps I don't have to worry about it ever flying off.

It unbuckled easily for fueling up. I topped off my tank a bit too much yesterday and some fuel came out the top of the cap when I put the bike on the sidestand when I got home. Some of the gas got onto the underside of the bag but it didn't ruin it or anything. The underside of the bag is a rubbery texture to grip the tank.

And it's only $20... I guess I'll see how (un?)durable it is soon :P

Comment

http://www.compacc.com/p/Fieldsheer-...k-Bag-Closeout this is the bag i have used for 2 seasons. look at my avatar.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I also use the bag Kat Toy shows above.
        It collapses to about 1/2 the height as shown in the picture in the link for when you're just "around town".

In it's full size, it is amazing for road trips. I fit 20 cans of coke in it once, and it's nice to lie down on it on the highway.

The magnetic mount is great. It is SOLID - I've been up to about 200km/h with no fairings/windscreen and the sucker doesn't move! Just make sure don't have any gravel stuck to the underside when you throw it on the tank.

It's the only tank bag I've owned - so I don't have much to compare it to. Everybody's going to tell you the bag THEY have is the best one - so keep that in mind .

All I know is my bag is pretty much perfect for me!

Comment

Don't suppose someone would order this for me and then mail to me in Canada (Nova Scotia)....it's so damn hard to find stuff locally and buying from the site the shipping is more than the item. I figure $15 would cover mail postage.
          I can paypal someone the money .....thanks,
          Larry

Comment

I ordered the same one as kattoy. looking forward to see how much I like it.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by NewfieKat View Post
              Don't suppose someone would order this for me and then mail to me in Canada (Nova Scotia)....it's so damn hard to find stuff locally and buying from the site the shipping is more than the item. I figure $15 would cover mail postage.
              I can paypal someone the money .....thanks,
              Larry
              If you call their Rock Hill, SC location and pay for it over the phone (leaving my name for pick-up), I could pick it up at the store and ship it to you once the Paypal transfer for shipping processes. I only live 5 or so minutes from that store.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

so, how is the bag...? I really need to get one. i have a backpack that is huge, but would like to ride without the big bag on my back for a change.
                FunEMT
                2000 Katana 600

Comment

Joe Rocket. Doesnt budge at highway speeds +++. Lots of room. Strong magnetic mounts. Non scratch pads over magnets. Stowable shoulder strap. Built in rain cover. Doesn't look cheap like some of the ones mentioned here.

I highly recommend the Joe Rocket Manta XL bag.
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

I grabbed the Nelson Rigg CL-300 and it works great for me for commuting around town. Magnetic mount is solid and the "map pocket" thing that attaches to the front even works well with a Navi for the lazy wandering sunday ride....

Loose change etc on the right hand side pocket, smokes and sunglassses on the left, random crap (8 drink cans comfortably without much else in it) in the main pocket.

Comment

Oxford Humpback. Available in Canada far as i know, I got mine in BC - Eastern Canada being a completely different planet far as I'm concerned. I like it. Strong magnets, converts to backpack I think?, expandable and lifetime warranty.

Comment

Joe rocket Manta XL here

Any honda dealership can get the JR stuff. Most bike shops carry a good selection

i also like the lil Icon one that can be worn as a back pack.... cool idea
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Just bought myself a Rapid Transit Recon 19 a few weeks ago from newenough.com. They ship to Canada with cheap shipping costs (i think it was 11$ standard) and showed up in 3-4 days. I'm in Ontario and dealt with them for numerous equipment. My tank bag is magnetic and does not move on ++windy days/at highway speeds. I'm able to fit icon rain jack/pants, clear visor, phone, map, keys, wallet, hat, bag rain cover. Fits the contour of the tank perfectly and does not block any guages. Even comfortable to lean on when you want to tuck low into the bike.
                          -M

Comment

ok, just bought on of the Joe Rocket Manta XL black bag. i hope i like it. my first tank bag.
                            FunEMT
                            2000 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by karma13 View Post
                              Just bought myself a Rapid Transit Recon 19 a few weeks ago from newenough.com. They ship to Canada with cheap shipping costs (i think it was 11$ standard) and showed up in 3-4 days. I'm in Ontario and dealt with them for numerous equipment. My tank bag is magnetic and does not move on ++windy days/at highway speeds. I'm able to fit icon rain jack/pants, clear visor, phone, map, keys, wallet, hat, bag rain cover. Fits the contour of the tank perfectly and does not block any guages. Even comfortable to lean on when you want to tuck low into the bike.
                              Do you have any pictures of your bike with the Recon? I would be interested in seeing what it looks like

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X