No announcement yet.
X

what to wear??!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

due to tuning process of test riding a bike after the mechanics. I do find myself riding with minimal gear so I can hear what the bike is doing. That is very hard to do on a road when you have a full face helmet on. That is the only time I go without a helmet, gloves, jacket and/or pants. I get alot of greif from the HD community because I do wear gear in 90+ temps. No biggie to me, I have a great wife and kids to come home to.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

helmet with gloves all the time and either the corona jkt or phoenix if im going to school, and if im riding then either the suit or the aboe with leather pants and boots

Comment

Textile or leather jacket always..each depends on the weather. Always helmet and gloves too. If im riding to work, I dont wear my pants, but other than, its always phoenix textile pants and nitro boots too.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
          you can buy the inserts for Joe Rocket pants and stitch in knee pucks.
          I have thought of that too!!
          But with out Kevlar how would I protect my cute butt???

Comment

For those interested in the kevlar... I wrote a guy that sells some, and here was his response:

"Hi,

I have sold all the different styles of kevlars to bikers, the waterproofed material 14.5" and 26"is best on the outside and the others the 8" 12" and 14" NON- water proofed are softer on the skin if used inside as liners.

None are exactly as "Draggin Jeans" they use a finer softer ballistic weave that is very expensive. "

He is getting back with me on prices and such, so if interested, I'll post some prices, and let him know some others may be interested in some also.

TJ
            2002 R1
            Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

wilson1
              Is the "expensive" ballistic stuff tougher?
              Adding a layer of softer cotton would solve the
              "softness issue" but I would want the toughest
              material for abrasion..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                wilson1
                Is the "expensive" ballistic stuff tougher?
                Adding a layer of softer cotton would solve the
                "softness issue" but I would want the toughest
                material for abrasion..
                From the hour worth of research I've kind of done, it looks like there is only three grades of Kevlar: 29,49,and 149. 29 being the weakest, and 149 being the toughest. Now, I have also read several places that the bullet proof vests are only a 29, but have a "resin" bonding a lot of layers together. I would assume that the ballistic maybe is a more fabric feeling weave. I don't think it would be any "tougher", but probably easier to handle beings it is a "thinner" and "softer". But, again, this is what I have determined on an hour worth of research.
                2002 R1
                Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

Just put it on the outside, kind of like carharts..
                  I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Textile jacket & pants w/protective padding of some sort, leather boots(prexport) and leather gloves.

Usually just unzip the thermo-lining when it's hot

if it's a real scorcher of a day, i just ride with jeans.

But always jacket/boots/gloves/lid

Might want a set of full race leathers sometime (espcially if i plan on doing track days)
                    But those are out of my budget yet
                    -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I ride neked. I get lots more attention that way.
                      If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Perforated leather in the spring/summer/fall... Dunk or soak the Tshirt under it if it's too hot and let evaporative cooling do it's thing... I don't care if it's 85 or 105 or 115 -- it's leather for me.

For winter and really cold weather I have a poly-amirind/gortex/nylon jacket I bought in Germany with CE hardpads that I wear... except for fire, it's probably safer than my leathers.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I always ride with my Joe Rocket Pheonix pants and jacket and JR Orbit boots and Icon Tarmac gloves and HJC helmet. Even on the 95 degree days when moving I was still cool. The suit is mesh and zips in the back to make a one piece suit.

I got everything except gloves at www.newenough.com for $400.

Comment

Slytly STFU LOL

Cyber, I have searched for, but maybe not hard enough, where can I get the poly's for my Joe Rocket balistic gear? I like the jacket because of its size and the ability to get more clothing under it than leather for winter. I wear it even while snowmobiling.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                              you can buy the inserts for Joe Rocket pants and stitch in knee pucks.
                              I have thought of that too!!
                              But with out Kevlar how would I protect my cute butt???
                              so get some extra hip padding and sew it into the cute little cheeks of your cute little riding pants to protect your cute little butt

Comment

Cyber, I have searched for, but maybe not hard enough, where can I get the poly's for my Joe Rocket balistic gear? I like the jacket because of its size and the ability to get more clothing under it than leather for winter. I wear it even while snowmobiling.
                                Poly's? I'm not sure what you're talking about...

Cheers
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X