X

looking at an upgrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at an upgrade

what do you guys think of the zzr1200? i have found a few on craigslist for decent prices but i don't have any experience with them. from what i understand they are a sport touring bike also correct? im not going to sell the cat just let the gf learn to ride. any info yall know will be appreciated thanks
    sigpic
    "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
    "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Great bikes from what I've heard. Never touched one personally though.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

im not a big fan of the square tail but i think i can get used to it.
      sigpic
      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

zzr1200 doesnt have a square tail...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ell yea its not square i guess. it just looks like they took a saw and chopped the back off behind the seat.
          sigpic

Comment

If you don't like the way it looks... don't get one
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

A friend that I ride with once in a while has one and it's a pretty Sweet machine! I guess it really comes down to personal choice but it's an UPGRADE for sure!
              sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

The looks not enough to make me not want it. Its just somthing to get used to. Like the square headlight on my kat lol
                sigpic

Comment

Definitely more capable than the Katana when it comes to a sport/touring machine.

I'd ratcher go for the ZX14 though The ZZR12 didnt have nearly as much thought put into it...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    Definitely more capable than the Katana when it comes to a sport/touring machine.

I'd ratcher go for the ZX14 though The ZZR12 didnt have nearly as much thought put into it...
                    Thats true. By since its carbed and not as advanced as the zx14 wouldnt parts and insurance be cheaper?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devinjordan View Post
                      Thats true. By since its carbed and not as advanced as the zx14 wouldnt parts and insurance be cheaper?
                      No, what does that have to do with anything? My Katana was over 50% more expensive on insurance than my 636 is...

Being carb'd is a downside, why wouldnt you actually upgrade if you want to upgrade? Most ins companies will put you in the "big bore" category anyway, might as well get the best option you can while you're at it.

Comment

oh i didnt know it was all size of the bike with the insurance. my 750 now is only about 230 a year so its not to bad. and yeah fuel injection is nice, but carbs are so much simpler. i have not made up my mind on what im going to get, i like the looks and handling of the ss bikes but i like the comfort of a touring, and while doing some research it seems the zzr is somewhat like the kats kawi cousin.
                        sigpic

Comment

insurance all depends on bike and company. My daytona 675 is cheaper then my Katana was to insure and my GSXr 600 is about the same as the Kata as well.

Carbs might be simplier for when crap goes wrong and you need to replace parts but FI is easier on a day to day basis. I will never go carb again. I simply hook a laptop up to my bike and flash it however I want to adjust fueling and such.
                          I am a Penn State fanatic.
                          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

Why would you post that???

How is that considered an upgrade over anything? I mean sure perhaps better then a rusty unicycle but not much else
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                              X