Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the actual ignition switch

their fiche is easy to see the switch.

also check ebay, many many are on there

keys won't match if you just get the ignition, might have to have it rekeyed.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Arsenic might have one. PM him.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

If the test light goes out(connected to battery) when you turn on the ignition I would say you got a dead battery
        you only have a surface charge
        Last edited by rexazz2; 04-26-2009, 02:56 PM.
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

First, you need to get a mutimeter. Sears sells a decent one for about $25. You won't be able to see the actual voltage of the battery with a test light.

I was coming home from work about 4 months ago. As I was coming through the neighborhood I noticed my son playing with some friends. I pulled over and turned off the bike to see how everything was going. After talking about 5 minutes I went to restart the bike. Lights came on, hit the starter nothing. Bike was running great until the moment I turned it off. Tried to push start it and still nothing. Luckily I was close to home and I pushed it into the garage. Once in the garage I hooked up a jump box to the battery and it started right up, but as soon as I disconnected the leads it would die. I disconnected the battery, connected the jump box to the leads and restarted the bike. As soon as I pulled off the jump box the bike died again. I thought the magneto and the battery were toast. I took it to the shop and they said it was just the battery, that the magneto was still good. It is running great still. Extended warranty covered the battery and testing of the magneto.

Comment

a shop told you the magnito was still good? dont go back there as Kats dont have a magneto, they have an alternator.

btw, most CDI's wont fire unless they're seeing 10 volts or more
            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I did ask them if it had a magneto or alternator and they said "Magneto."

Comment

I feel your pain. I have the same 'no power with ignition' issue today...98 750.
                I was out for a ride for about 2 hours. Made a couple of stops along the way. Stopped for some lunch, went back to the bike and nothing when turning the key. In the parking lot I checked the battery, fuses and looked for warn wires (with the platic on). Just finished trailoring her home and doing some research now. I will be checking back to see how you make out. Best of luck.

Comment

check battery voltage with meter when you try to start
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                  X