X

Was running?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the larger of the two.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Okay just drill in the center where there's already a tiny hole? How deep are these caps?

Comment

Yes, very thin brass.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Just to confirm its the one circled in red, yes?

Comment

I got all 4 out successfully. They were turned out about 1.75 turns

Comment

should be 2.5 turns out

Comment

Thank you! I got the carbs soaking in berrymens chem dip per carb 102 document. Should I soak these carbs for 24 hours? It says on the can max of 4. I have all the rubber pieces off.

Comment

Yes
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks! Should I soak the jets too or just spray them out with carb clean?

Comment

Jets too.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Okay, I'm on way to reassemble these onto the rail. There's two larger springs that connect carbs 3 and 4 together. How do these go back on? There's two raise spots, do you pull the spring over those?

Comment

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. I'm sure this is something simple it's just not clicking with me. If I push the carbs together like I'm about to put them on the rail that metal tab hits the screw/spring on carb 2.

Comment

Looks like the sync adjusters. There's a specific way those go together to sync properly, I thought it's covered in carbs 102?
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I watched it, and towards the end of the video he mentions that he forgot to put the springs on, but doesn't show installing them, or mentions how they go on.

Carbs 102 PDF says to follow reverse instructions to put everything back together, but doesn't specifically mention how the spring and other carb attaches. It says something about looking where the arrow is, but I don't know how it goes together exactly.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. After I get these back on the rail it should be smooth sailing from there.
                              Last edited by Xerrith; 01-05-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I have never removed the throttle return spring just to clean the carbs. Sync springs, no choice there.
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X