X

Was running?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5 turns out should help with that.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It's at 2.5 now, and popping. Not sure if it needs to be set higher, or if carb sync will help that.

Comment

Yeah....sync first
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

So I started the bike today. Was going to warm it up to change the oil. Bike started fine, but hesitates when I twist the throttle. Not wanting to rev up high easily either. Does this mean I need to dip the carbs again? I don't have much gas in the tank so I have it set to reserve. Idle was around 1000 and turning the cable wasn't making it idle higher. Please guide me

Comment

Have the carbs been synced?

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Visually. I haven't come up with the money for the carb tool yet.

Comment

I'm going to dip the carbs again, but for longer. I tried running it again today and it won't idle without the choke. Then after they're dipped I'm going to wait til I have the money for a jet kit before assembling again

Comment

Check the tank for rust an sediment. Check the top of the tank too. You will have to remove the float assembly or the petcock to do so.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

I did that when I replaced the pet cock and I checked again last night. I didn't see anything. I filled the tank up the morning and it didn't really make it run better or worse. It doesn't want to idle and only revs to 3k again. Unless you keep working the throttle and then it will rev higher and higher. I've got the carbs apart again, doesn't look different from when I assembled it. Do you think the pilot circuit is still clogged?

What I don't understand is that the choke makes it rev tight up to 4k if it's on full choke.. Twisting the throttle makes it bog and hesitate.
                    Last edited by Xerrith; 01-21-2017, 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Isn't that a sign it's running rich?
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I have the air fuel mixture screws set to 2.5 out and the needles and jets both look stock. I have two carbs in chem dip now.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
                          Bike started fine, but hesitates when I twist the throttle. Not wanting to rev up high easily either.
                          Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          Have the carbs been synced?
                          Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
                          Visually. I haven't come up with the money for the carb tool yet.
                          Yeah... out of sync carbs = really bad throttle response, huge vacuum leak issues, and over all... just not running right or responsive. They have to be synced before you can really diagnose any further issues.

You can make a sync tool for less than $10 that works extremely well.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah ill be getting a sync tool and a jet kit before I assemble them again. Just took two carbs out of the dip after 24 hours and they look even better than the first 24 hour dip. I'm happy with the cleaning results now.

Comment

Working...
                            X