Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

1996 gsx600f stopped running. HELP PLEASE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwarring33 View Post
    So after disassembling and reassembling my carbs once again, this time with a few o rings that had disappeared, my beautiful kat is now running again!

The only problem I'm having now is that when it is in neutral or I have the clutch all the way in she wants to rev up to about 3k rpms but if I slowly start to release the clutch it drives completely normal. Shifts between gears without this problem. I had started to turn the idle up but have dropped it back down to around 1k or just under and it will idle there perfectly fine until you touch the throttle and it will start doing this. And obviously you're on the throttle while driving so it will rev up between 1.5k and 3k every time I have to stop.. Is there a simple adjustment that needs done or is something wrong here?
    hmmm almost sounds like my bike. To bad I dont have the full fix yet, but im sure we both about to find out

Comment

Originally posted by Jreid843 View Post
      hmmm almost sounds like my bike. To bad I dont have the full fix yet, but im sure we both about to find out
      I'm going to do a carb sync after I get off work today, hopefully that'll do the trick. Keep you posted and hopefully yours is an easy fix

Comment

After you sync them, use a flamable spray like starter fluid and spray small short directed bursts around all places rubber meets metal/plastic for the carbs, engine boots, and airbox. If you spray a shot and the rpms go up, you have an air leak there that needs fixed.

Make sure your sync and the spray test are done when the engine is hot.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X