No announcement yet.
X

96' GSX600 need help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't just clean the carbs and fix it. First, it has nothing to do with cleaning the "carbs", you have to clean the floats and the float needles. You may possibly have to replace the float needles. You can't just spray crap at the main jets and call it good.

Comment

Remove intact rack of carbs, soak them in pine sol, then they'll be REALLY clean.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It's all about pine-sol. If you're wondering about that, the pine-sol thing is a long running joke about the KR cheapassness, don't actually do that.

Comment

ok i do need a Manuel if someone has a link that would be great. ill see if its still gettin gass in the oil when i change the oil sometime soon havent done that yet then ill be lil worried if it keeps it up...

What are the float needles? the 2 main jets might have to replace those?
          can get a pic later if be easier to explain lol

Comment

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              You can't just clean the carbs and fix it. First, it has nothing to do with cleaning the "carbs", you have to clean the floats and the float needles. You may possibly have to replace the float needles. You can't just spray crap at the main jets and call it good.
              ok its been a bit since ive worked on the bike headin out to mess with it today.. so how can i check the floats and needles see if theyre still ok?
              now bike starts and when hit the throttle it doesnt idle down take few revs for to go down what could be stickin any ideas before i tear back into it?

Comment

Ok now another question is were do these 4 hoses go?? lol they come from the head but to were haha... the gass tank has to hoses leading out a bigger and smaller the big drains fuel is the smaller one suppost to have gass to?? i figure so and if so its clogged up..
                Attached Files

Comment

Is the bike a cali bike? Looks like emissions stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

not sure where bike is from no title have to do paper work for it..

Comment

ok took carbs back off had to re-sync all of them all were off lil bit. i checked the cables and slides they are ok slides up n down np the cables not stickin. after all that got it running, got it sounding real good surprised but still stickin somewhere.

Comment

Those hose are for a California smog crap. pull them, blank off the holes or just leave them capped.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                        X