X

96' GSX600 need help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96' GSX600 need help!

Hey guys im a noob the bike world and need help with this bike i 6 months ago. Its a 96' Suzuki Katana GSX 600. After i got it i had to change the plugs and charge the battery and it fired right up was able to ride lil bit but it stuttered a bit, so i parked it took carbs off checked the floats all looked good put all back together. drained gass so has new gass was rusted inside tank lil bit.

Ive gone through 3 set of plugs, on the new plugs it starts n runs good for bout 10mins then starts stuttern out and runnin like shit.

Was able to completely clean all four carbs. Was fairly easy never did a carb clean job just very time consuming. Got all back together and tried starting it and it didnt sound very good so i started with the plugs one by one takin them out and the plug wire i cut back lil bit more to get fresh wire showing. got all that done actually replaced 1 plug with an older 1 but it started haha didnt sound good dont think theyre all sparkin right idk when hit the throttle its extremely slow responsive.

It does have 2 hoses on both sides of motor that are pluged up might have to get some pics and show ya but it ran good for lil bit with new plugs lol

now i kinda already know this ? but fk idk... how long it take for gass to go bad tank wasnt sealed very good in that time?? lol could be the problem now fkn hope so only other thing i can thin of..

sorry for long thread these were my posts on other sites was told to come here thks for any infl guys
    Last edited by MadriderZ03; 05-30-2013, 01:36 AM.

Sounds like its running rich.

Search for carbs 101 at the top of the forum and redo them. sounds like something isn't right.
    Also check the vacuum pipes are sealed and connected
    I'm outa here

Comment

Check your oil for over filled and fuel in it.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

k just drained bout a quart n a half of oil now is at the right lvl.. the oil does smell like gass kinda weird... but got new plugs bout to fire it up.. hoping all the extra oil was the problem

Comment

You missed something in the statements above. Reread and think, running rich and fuel in the oil. Do you really think pulling some fuel laden oil out is going to fix it?
          Both statements are 100% correct. Recheck your carbs and change the oil and filter. Most likely your float needles need attention. Fuel in the oil is never a mild issue, will cause major engine and clutch damaged if ignored.
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-01-2013, 06:11 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

ok how bad of a problem is it? gotta do a complete taredown on motor that would suck. but it started.. if its a bad and hard to fix problem gonna have to trade it off lol get another bike.. sucks tho been puttin in alotta work in this bike tryin to get it runnin right.

But i am confident i did a good job on cleaning the carbs n jets.. how do i "lean" out the gass? so not runnin so rich..

Comment

No, change the oil and filter. recheck your carbs, the carbs are dumping fuel into the engine or the oil had fuel in it prior to carb cleaning. It's best to check the carbs and change the oil. test the float needles before you install them just to make sure. If you cleaned them well enough and set them up correctly, they should run without flooding or leaning out.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

You know a set of carbs that do not let fuel into the oil:
                [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190848746871&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97[/ame]
                These. Jus' sayin'

Comment

Sometimes I think I did a good job of cleaning my carbs, then I see a set of arsenic's and die a little inside.

and +1 to what everyone else is saying, do it right or pay the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick.Marq View Post
                    Sometimes I think I did a good job of cleaning my carbs, then I see a set of arsenic's and die a little inside.

and +1 to what everyone else is saying, do it right or pay the price.
                    +1, I am always amazed by his work, given that he's done his magic to a couple sets of my old carbs.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                      +1, I am always amazed by his work, given that he's done his magic to a couple sets of my old carbs.
                      Oh yeah, didn't you send me an old set of your carburetors that where California model carbs, but they were half decaliforniaized and you didn't know they were Cali carbs? Don't feel bad, it wasn't obvious. Well, it was to me, but that is neither here nor there.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        Oh yeah, didn't you send me an old set of your carburetors that where California model carbs, but they were half decaliforniaized and you didn't know they were Cali carbs? Don't feel bad, it wasn't obvious. Well, it was to me, but that is neither here nor there.
                        Yeah, those were my bastard set. Didn't get chance to do much with them.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

ok cool its not a serious problem. since i just cleaned the carbs hope it will quit leaking in ill change oil soon.. now my other question is since the bike had a quart n a half more oil could that have been the reason i was going through plugs after plugs fouling them out?

Got it running yesterday sounded good but throttle was stickin high reving then dropin down.. something in the carbs think it did this before think im gonna have to pull them again and check them out see whats stickin.

Comment

No dude, it is defiantly a serious problem

Comment

but sounds like its an easy fix tho clean carbs check need to drain oil next

Comment

Working...
                              X