X

BIG mileage.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG mileage.

First of all, I've just registered, Im the first owner of a 2000 Kat 600 bought 8/2000 in San Diego, CA. I still reside in SoCal, Im a daily commuter rain or shine.

My bike's stock, completely stock!. Today I broke the 100K barrier thus the tittle of my post.

Here's my beef.
    Does anyone know how to reset the odometer? Once you hit 99999 it stays there! Furthermore, the other two trip meters get stuck at whatever readings reached when the main odometer hit the big 9's.

All in all it isnt a MAJOR deal but will be an inconvenience keeping mileage for mainteace and also for fuel level check along with the fuel gauge. Im one of those guys that resets one of the trip meter #1 to zero when filling-up, everytime.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Nice "meeting" you all.
    2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
    2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
    2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
    2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Wow..
    You may be the first to find this "bug"
    I'd write to Suzuki..
    (NOT your local dealer!!)
    Maybe they have a gold Speedo or a plaque or something

Really!!

Comment

Holy shit thats some miles.... You could try ordering a new guage and it should come with 0's. Find a used one with low miles would do pretty much the same thing. Good luck though... I still can't believe a 2000 bike with 100k miles.... woooohooooooooo

Comment

Congrats on the milestone. I'd write suzuki as black peter suggested. Maybe they'll send oyu another gauge, or maybe they'll send you another bike, and take yours to get bronzed.

Just curious if you've had any maintnance issues yet other than consumables (tires, chain, oil etc....), or if it's been a clear sailing 100k.

Comment

,,,furthermore, I use CA 87 Octane fuel (cheapest on pumps), stock all around, I buy Motorcycle oil ($2-3 a quart) from Autozone or whatever car place sells MC oil appropriate viscosity of course, and ride moderately hard in all SoCal weather conditions from low 30's to mid 100's.

I do lube the chain often and use them carburetor cleaner fuel additive at oil changes which I do every 3500-4000K miles.
          Maintanance has been eventually done not always on time.
          It still runs really good although of course it has seen better days.
          Thanx again.
          2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
          2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
          2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
          2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

wow 100 g'scongrats.write suzuki and let us know what they say.i am on my way 2005 750 4997miles

Comment

you are the man

definitely write suzuki and send them pics. maybe they'll give you something

Comment

Impressive .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

holy cow if we ever meet i got a cigar for ya

Comment

I thought the 98+ Kats had a million-mile odometer? Hmmm... send a note to Suzuki America and ask about it -- they may even be willing to replace yours as a good-will gesture

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Stop typing to us and send to Suzuki!

Wendy Black
                      [email protected]

P.R. person for American Suzuki in Brea, CA.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                        Wendy Black
                        Wendy's not the right person to contact about this... I think he probably needs to contact Mark Reese instead.

Mark Reese, [email protected] or 714/996-7040, ext. 2262

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wow...that's cool!

Did I say wow yet?

Giving you a high five from Corona, Ca.

Wishing you the best, and hoping you get a good resolution from Suzuki...

Hope to see you out on the road sometime...Take care 8)

Comment

I have to admit after reading most "high" mileage posts on mostly other squid filled boards I was expecting to read you had 20 or 30 thousand miles on it. I glad to see it was much much higher
                            Kyle

Comment

Now you've got me really curious as to what Suzuki will say. The replacement odo is about $360 - $400 (as the instruments are a whole piece), but without the odo, you don't have a good indication of when services are necessary... hmmm...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X