No announcement yet.
X

Sooo... new slip-on.. terrible mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright guys, ill try that and then go from there. I'm still doing the jet, but that'll come in time. Any idea how how lichen horsepower the jet will increase? I really want to see what i can push out of my kat. Lol.

Comment

How much HP? maybe 1 or two. More important is throttle response and no flat spots.

Comment

Originally posted by dmhx1215 View Post
        I really want to see what i can push out of my kat. Lol.
        You will be very disappointed.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Although it seems mechanical issues(leaky float needles) are most likely the culprit here...how are your riding habits now with the new pipe compared to before with the stock one? Basically what I'm asking is, are you revving the schit out of your bike now since it's louder and sounds cool, and leaving it a gear or two lower riding around at higher RPM because you like the sound so much? Are you constantly getting on it from stops? Giving it hell for the first few gears because it sounds awesome? All stuff you perhaps didn't do before...

put the stock exhaust back on and see if you still have a mileage problem...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Is there any gas in your oil?
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Sorry to Thread Jack.. I have a Post 600 that has great all year after I Cleaned, put the screws out to 2.5 and bench and vacum synced them. If I put a Delkevic 14in Pipe, will I need the jet kit? And will I need to re sync the carbs?
              Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Originally posted by kat600rdr View Post
                Sorry to Thread Jack.. I have a Post 600 that has great all year after I Cleaned, put the screws out to 2.5 and bench and vacum synced them. If I put a Delkevic 14in Pipe, will I need the jet kit? And will I need to re sync the carbs?
                You don't "need" to but a jet kit is definitely recommended regardless of slip-on or stock. I plan on it this winter.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

I'd check your floats still... jus sayn.

Krey
                Quoting XKCD to prove a point. Krey for the win!
                Last edited by sky1865; 10-12-2011, 12:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The post header is restrictive enough that it isn't necessary to rejet with a slip on. But a jet kit is recommended even with a stock exhaust.
                  From that statement, you tell me if you 'need' to rejet.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

65 miles per tank is well beyond "bad-jetting" range...... there must be either a puddle somewhere, or a case full of gas. If you ran so rich that you were getting 12mpg on a Katana, it would be too rich to even fire.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                      65 miles per tank is well beyond "bad-jetting" range...... there must be either a puddle somewhere, or a case full of gas. If you ran so rich that you were getting 12mpg on a Katana, it would be too rich to even fire.
                      +1
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I'm just estimating on mileage, and i put the stock pipe back on, everything is back to normal. I'll just do the 2.5 turns on the screws and see what happens. And when i had the slipon on, I got into it more, but nothing too extreme. It actually ran smoother with the slipon, just sounded like **** and got poor mileage. Will be drilling the plugs out tomorrow night or Friday morning. Hell, maybe even tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by dmhx1215 View Post
                          I'm just estimating on mileage.
                          I hope that you are terrible at estimating. I stop for gas about every 150 miles, but I usually have a little bit of gas left, and I really rag on my bike.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Adding a slip on should cause a lean burn if anything...

Pull your plugs, they will tell you how you're bike is running.

I bet they are like I like my women, black and soaking wet.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post

I bet they are like I like my women, black and soaking wet.

I like pretty much all shades..... soaking wet is a given.

EDIT- I can't really tell you about Asian women. I never slept with an Asian woman (not that I wouldn't, just never did)..... so I can't have an opinion.
                              Last edited by loudnlow7484; 10-12-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Pulled the plugs, they're not black yet, but getting there. Which is a rich burn. And I'm also a big guy, so getting 150 miles out of a tank woupd be great, i usually get 100-120 tops.

Comment

Working...
                                X