No announcement yet.
X

losing cylinders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive taken the tank off and i have rebuilt the petcock. the in tank filter was clean when i removed the petcock. what i want is a diagram of the hoses because someone else has been under the tank before me. before i bought it the person supposedly had it taken in for them to rebuild the carburetors.

it doesnt have an inline fuel filter
    Last edited by bbc.monte; 08-03-2011, 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The Wiki here has everything.

Comment

I would check the carbs, or the fuel lines! Make sure the fuel lines are running straight and do not have bends.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          A fuel flow issue would definately be my first guess on things to check and diagnose with this problems presented.

Krey
          Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          Check for kinks in your fuel line. Other than that.... may need to clean the carbs?
          Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          Again, does it have a fuel filter installed? If so, take it off.

If not, then you have crap in the tank or your petcock is blocked. Or your fuel line may be pinched a bit. Time to remove the tank and have a look see.
          Originally posted by alchemist007 View Post
          I would check the carbs, or the fuel lines! Make sure the fuel lines are running straight and do not have bends.

Comment

Originally posted by alchemist007 View Post
            The fuel lines have to have a bend to them..... Kinks are a different story.
            Last edited by cintidude04; 08-04-2011, 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
            X