Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

Gas in the oil AGAIN!! I just cant understand this!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And when the bike is running... that carb will be overflowing fuel, running rich effecting your performance, and eventaully possibly fouling out the plug.

3rd line from the bottom.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I read that, I meant will it overflow into the crankcase while its running.

Comment

Originally posted by 2005600katana View Post
        I read that, I meant will it overflow into the crankcase while its running.

If fuel is flowing excessively from the carbs while it's running, not all of it will be expelled out the exhuast. It's certainly possible for it to wash down and mix with the oil.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I seem to have this exact problem every single year after the bike sits for winter.

I can not seem to find a petcock rebuild kit on ebay for a 01 600. Any help would be appreciated.

I only post here cause I did search and you all are right here! haha

thanks.

And another thing, my local dealer says there could be a and needle and seat malfunctioning the floats. Where can these be picked up other than a dealer?

thanks.
          Last edited by ismatts; 03-18-2011, 03:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Bling....

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post

But what do I know, I'm just a dumb girl. Put a fairy sticker on it and it'll run better
            LOL that is classic....

Also check the o-rings on the brass part the needles sit in. I bet fuel is leaking past them as well.....
            '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

fixing the petcock is only half of the problem....

you still need to clean or replace the float valves.
              you should be able to leave the fuel on PRI for a year and never leak any fuel if the float valves are all working properly. time to fix the float valves, re-set the float level and fix or replace the petcock
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Contrary to almost all of you, a manual petcock fixed the issue.

Just wanted to update this thread. All I did to the bike to fix the problem was install a manual petcock, a good name brand one. Its been about 3 months now and it hasnt gotten any gas in the oil, and its been running great. So Including the vacuum operated stock petcock, it now has 2 petcocks. The manual one is not seen, but its easily acessible to turn the flow of gas on or off.
                So all of you who said the petcock wouldnt fix it......
                I knew it would fix it, not trying to be a dick either as some of you were to me. Thanks to Badfaerie, for some great advice! And cintidude04, for telling me to sell my bike. Couldnt have done it without you 2.

Comment

Just wanted to update this thread. All I did to the bike to fix the problem was install a manual petcock, a good name brand one. Its been about 3 months now and it hasnt gotten any gas in the oil, and its been running great. So Including the vacuum operated stock petcock, it now has 2 petcocks. The manual one is not seen, but its easily acessible to turn the flow of gas on or off.
                  So all of you who said the petcock wouldnt fix it......
                  I knew it would fix it, not trying to be a dick either as some of you were to me. Thanks to Badfaerie, for some great advice! And cintidude04, for telling me to sell my bike. Couldnt have done it without you 2.
                  Your welcome.

You didn't fix your problem. Your floats are still not working properly so you aren't getting the right fuel mixture while running either.
                  Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I guess it could be running a little rich, but the plugs were pretty clean, and i dont smell any raw gas. If it is, its not enough to worry about. Running a little rich is ok, lean is what you have to worry about. But like I said, the bike runs as good as the day we got it. Hasnt skipped a beat. I see nothing to worry about.

Comment

Running rich isn't OK either. Puts deposits on valves, contaminates your oil, and fouls up plugs over time. Also decreases power, and you don't have to smell raw gas to be running rich. BTW, why'd you have to come back and be a dick? Just come back and tell how you fixed your issue.

Arsenic is right, you jerry-rigged a fix. Congrats.

Comment

If you are happy with it that's all that matters. It's a solution of sorts, at least until your floats, float needles and seats get worse. Then you'll be pulling your carbs off, cleaning and setting them properly anyway, and your extra petcock will be like nipples on a bull.

Here's the thing, you came here and asked for help, but completely ignored the help you were given. You really didn't want advice, you wanted someone to tell you you were right. I have little tolerance for that. My husband can attest to the fact that I don't do ego strokes. Your insistence on ignorance is frustrating and a bit offensive.

If you ever decide to really fix your bike, instead of half-a$$ing it along, I would be more than happy to help you. But for now, my advice is DON'T sell the bike. You've just made it so the next owner will be ranting about what a douchetard you are.
                        Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                          You've just made it so the next owner will be ranting about what a douchetard you are.
                          Seriously? Name calling at a 3rd grade level now? Does that make you feel better?
                          And to be honest, those 2 members I mentioned earlier were being snotty way before I was.
                          If what I say irritates you so bad, why do you keep insulting me?
                          I just came back to post that the bike works and runs fine so other members who search can see. Atleast I came back.

Comment

Seriously? Name calling at a 3rd grade level now? Does that make you feel better?
                            And to be honest, those 2 members I mentioned earlier were being snotty way before I was.
                            If what I say irritates you so bad, why do you keep insulting me?
                            I just came back to post that the bike works and runs fine so other members who search can see. Atleast I came back.

I think it was pretty clear she was saying "the next owner" would be calling you all sorts of names.

Primarily because you have NOT fixed the bike, and they are going to have to deal with that if you sold it.

It may sorta work for you, but the bike is not running correctly (can't be with flooding carbs) and the petcock was a workaround that only slowed down the symptoms... it didn't remove the problem.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X