X

Wire to plug question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire to plug question

I have chosen to replace my spark plug wires since it was time for a tune up and the bike has 32k on it. How do they go on? The old ones pulled off super easy. I noticed that the spark plug boot (both old and the new NGK units) screw into the spark plug wire. Do the wires screw into the coil as well? I can't really see into the coil to get a closer look.
    1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
    2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
    1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

The boots just push onto the spark plug threads and that holds it firm. If you are asking about how the wire fastens to the boot it screws into the wire. It doesn't hurt to cut a 1/4" off each wire and re-thread onto the boot for a nice fit.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Was wondering how the wire attached to the coil.
      1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by ITSSLOW View Post
        Was wondering how the wire attached to the coil.
        There is a clip that holds it in place plus some epoxy to seal it. The clips are VERY easy to break but you can replace the wire with a solid copper core wire. It pushes onto a stud as instead of threading like the other end.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
          There is a clip that holds it in place plus some epoxy to seal it. The clips are VERY easy to break but you can replace the wire with a solid copper core wire. It pushes onto a stud as instead of threading like the other end.
          Very easy to break the clips! Gently is the word.
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
          Black painted seat and rear trim,
          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

I don't have any clips. I can see where they would have went at some point though. I pushed them in and tried some epoxy. We'll see how that works out for me.

Comment

Working...
            X