No announcement yet.
X

where does the dogbone go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you guys have this model katana as well, could you look around your front wheel area to see if it exists? or possibly for the front wheel cowl?

Comment

I know the pre 98 Katana 600 like the back of my hand. I've forgotten more about that model then 3/4 of this forum will ever know. It doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonX View Post
        if you guys have this model katana as well, could you look around your front wheel area to see if it exists? or possibly for the front wheel cowl?
        Again, I just disassembled a prekat 600 down to the frame a couple of months ago. Seriously, it's not an original part on your bike.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The only piece for the front fender is a small plate that fits between the forks.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Aftermarket fork brace in really bad condition?
            Q: does your bike have the stock calipers on the front?
            Q: Was the bike exceptionally tall at the rear?
            Q: Is the oil cooler stock (maybe some form of aftermarket oil-radiator retainer bracket?)

I can't ID the part as being from an OEM Kat either.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Jason,
              If the people who have posted here can't recognize it.. It might not even be a Suzuki part.. Hell it might not be a motorcycle part.

Comment

Dogbones go in the dog's feeding dish... or his mouth.
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Are those metric threads? If not that does not belong on your bike.
                  By the way, never seen anything like that on mine.

Comment

that's cause it isn't on your bike.

Comment

Well now that you know it doesn't go on the bike, I can tell you where it really goes...
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i figured out where it goes. it was part of my aftermarket exhaust mounting bracket. that's why we couldn't figure it out since it's not a stock part. i was so glad I found where it goes. i was trippin thinking it's some crucial part. anyways, i was all done until i wired my light wrong and the wire made a little spark. i figured out how to wire it, but now my dash light for the speedo, fuel gauge, and tack dont work. did i blow a fuse? if so, where the heck is this fuse? thanks guys. almost done.

Comment

For future reference go to www.bikebandit.com for full schematics of most bikes and assembly guides. It has helped me figure out how to modify some parts of my bike.
                          "Life is hard partner, but it's harder when your stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by JasonX View Post
                            i figured out where it goes. it was part of my aftermarket exhaust mounting bracket.
                            Like I said, not a Suzuki part.
                            i was trippin thinking it's some crucial part.
                            Seriously dude, you had Me, Arsenic, MD86 and Cyberpoet tell you they had never seen it before.. That is more combined Katana knowledge then Suzuki has..
                            did i blow a fuse? if so, where the heck is this fuse? thanks guys.
                            Fuses are in the fuse box...

Comment

You have blade-type fuses in the fusebox which sits above the battery and behind the gas tank in the under-seat area (small black plastic box above the battery). There is also a 30 amp main breaker on your particular year/model that may have blown; it's off to one side of the battery area (push to reset) -- I'll leave it to one of the pre-98 owner's to clarify the location of the breaker better.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                              CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                              The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

1988-1996 the main breaker is in front of the battery, maybe under the air cleaner?
                                1997 switches to main fuse under the right side tail panel.

There is also another fuse on the starter relay that should be checked as well.
                                -Steve

sigpic
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X