X

stripped the pilot jet...zomg!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ellshorty View Post
    ok so update...i finally got 750 rack, cleaned it as per carb 101 thread, then installed on the bike. It started up good, purrs like a kitten, and has great acceleration...till about 5k-6k rpm, then it stargs surging and lurching, as if it isn't firing on all cylinders. When revving out of gear, it kind of gets stuck at the 5k-6k range then blows through it, however when it is in gear, crossing the 5-6k plane causes the bogging as before mentioned. It has pod filters ( i know the air box is better but that is waht i have right now). Is the problem coming down to the pod filters or is it something completely different? Thanks for the insight in advance guys!! (and gals)
    I'd say it's a problem of jetting . I had pods on MINE , and didn't have those problems ...... But I had a similar problem when I tried mixing jets & needles from different makers ..... Just some food for thought .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Needles are all the same (oem) as far as I can tell,good thought tho
      1990 Katana 750 +2 rear sprocket (the original) [SOLD!!!]
      1990 katana 750 -1 front sprocket (the $300 parts bike that became the runner lol) [sold!!!!]

Comment

Needles are OEM , and you got pods . Um , this might not be good ...... You will HAVE to have a jet kit for them pods . Or at least bigger mains ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

ill switch them out on the other bike (with an airbox) and see if that makes a difference
          1990 katana 750 -1 front sprocket (the $300 parts bike that became the runner lol) [sold!!!!]

Comment

while your figuring out why the pods suck large farm animals, read this:

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              while your figuring out why the pods suck large farm animals, read this:
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93813

that is crazy...does anyone have a 750 airbox for sale?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                X