• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, you'll blow it in a few posts.

Cheers mate LOL
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

ok so update....

i tooke the carbs to every shop i could find in the area (10 total) and they all said that they couldn't get it out. So i looked for carbs on the internet, got some carbs that said they were from a 750... turns out they were from 600. they line up with the engine intakes, but will they be able to provide enough fuel for the bigger engine?
      1990 Katana 750 +2 rear sprocket (the original) [SOLD!!!]
      1990 katana 750 -1 front sprocket (the $300 parts bike that became the runner lol) [sold!!!!]

Comment

no, the 600 carbs are 33mm, the 750 carbs are 36mm. You'll have massive vaccum leaks there.

Comment

yeah I don't see any pics of a pilot stripping!!! The title of this thread is very misleading
          With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
          The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
          To the bang bang boogie
          Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

can i shim the ports with a rubber gasket or something? what i was really imploring was if they have the potential to deliver enough fuel to make it run
            1990 katana 750 -1 front sprocket (the $300 parts bike that became the runner lol) [sold!!!!]

Comment

you can use the 600 boots on the head, then you'll need a 600 air box. Can I ask why you would want to run something meant for a 600 (different bore AND stroke) on a 750. Do you know what kind of a tuning nightmare you're in for?

Comment

thats sort of waht i was feeling out...i have already invested a little money and serious amounts of time cleaning them (they were left out for a bit and were super rusty). If it is that big of a task to make it work then i will just buy another rack (the right size).after i killed the original rack, i bought a second kat for parts($300 on CL!!), but it ended up being better than the one i started with (and runs sweetly btw) so now i am trying to get the original running good enough to sell it, potentially with the part taht i already ordered.

to amke a long story short, i wanted to use the wrong carbs becasue i already had them, and im trying to get the original running for the least amount of money.

Comment

aluminum and brass doesn't rust

Comment

600 carbs will "work". It's not optimal, but I HAVE put them on a 750 for about 3 months. Very little difference but there were differences, but I did not do any different tunning on them either as they were temp while cleaning/repairing the originals.

Again, they will work, but it is NOT optimal. You will have a slight difference in performance. Factory items were made the way they are for a reason.

Krey

BTW, to clarify.. Don't do it, if you don't absolutely have too.
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i am aware that aluminum and brass dont rust, but the bowl and vaccum cover screws are steel so they rusted over everything, also the choke lever i think. anyway im going to try to get rid of teh carbs, i also just ordered a new 750 rack so that should be in in a week

Comment

PM me how much you paid for the 600 carbs, I'll buy them

Comment

600 carbs SOLD!!

Comment

thanks for helping me get rid of those arsenic

Comment

ok so update...i finally got 750 rack, cleaned it as per carb 101 thread, then installed on the bike. It started up good, purrs like a kitten, and has great acceleration...till about 5k-6k rpm, then it stargs surging and lurching, as if it isn't firing on all cylinders. When revving out of gear, it kind of gets stuck at the 5k-6k range then blows through it, however when it is in gear, crossing the 5-6k plane causes the bogging as before mentioned. It has pod filters ( i know the air box is better but that is waht i have right now). Is the problem coming down to the pod filters or is it something completely different? Thanks for the insight in advance guys!! (and gals)

Comment

Originally posted by rydethis View Post
                                yeah I don't see any pics of a pilot stripping!!! The title of this thread is very misleading
                                My first good laugh of the the day, thanks ryde!
                                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                                X