X

No more updates! Riding is sweet!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevnmd
    Yeah, sure... The mercury may be different for #4... Whatever...
    You would appear to presume he is using mercury gauges -- could be dial or solid-mass or electronic gauges...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well, reread the title of his post...
      -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
        Well, reread the title of his post...
        OK, so I'm brain dead

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, I'm using a mercury syncer...and yes the vacuum line is blocked
          and I've tried switching sync tubes anyways to see if maybe my tubes had a leak, but #4 definitely has less pull

I will take out the screw today and see what's up...if that doesn't help, I'm gonna try MD advice and do a compression test...

hmmmmm....anything else you would reccomend guys? I really am kinda stumped.

edit: oh and I have opened up the top of #4 to see if the sync port was being blocked by the gasket up there.

Comment

JP, did you also check that the o-ring for the synch
            port was there?
            I have also noticed that not only can that o-ring get squashed, but replaced with one that doesn't work right. Did the slide diaphram seat really nicely?
            That would affect the vacuum..

I like cybers idea about the screw plate not meshing right... Did you check that?

How about this... let us know if you have checked every idea we have had....

Then we will think up some more :P

We'll skin that cat!!

Comment

Black Peter you're a good man

Comment

Update: Removed the #3 & #4 air/fuel mixture screws today....and.....#4 didn't have a air/fuel spring to go with th screw!!!

AND! I think I've found the proble....the seal between the #4 cap must be faulty or something, cause there's a huge vacuum leak right where the sync cap/port is. What can I do there? How I know it's there is that there is this hissing sound with every revolutions at the cap...and when I put my finger on it, it changes sound

Comment

Is it soemthing you can smear some silicone on , or what ? Is it the o-ring causing problems ? Cause those are easy enough to rplace . Or is it the cap itself that's fragged ?
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                    Update: Removed the #3 & #4 air/fuel mixture screws today....and.....#4 didn't have a air/fuel spring to go with th screw!!!

AND! I think I've found the proble....the seal between the #4 cap must be faulty or something, cause there's a huge vacuum leak right where the sync cap/port is. What can I do there? How I know it's there is that there is this hissing sound with every revolutions at the cap...and when I put my finger on it, it changes sound
                    Do I get points for guessing that???

The spring needs replacing (I'm sure you knew that)
                    Just so everyone else knows; the spring holds the o-ring in place.
                    No o-ring and the needle won't really work.

The reason I suggested to look under the cap it that the
                    Slide diaphram can be pretty tricky to seat just right.
                    Check the sync port o-ring for wear. Also make really sure the
                    diaphram is sitting just right. With only two screws holding the cap
                    the dimensional relationship of the diaphram and the o-ring is pretty critical. If the o-ring is too thick the slide might not seal, too thin the synch port won't seal.
                    3 out of 4 of my o-rings were either the wrong size or worn.
                    You can also set the cap on a flat surface (or hold it to a window pane)
                    This will allow you to check if it is twisted.
                    Carefully inspect the groove and sealing surfaces of the cap and carb top.
                    There are lubes for o-rings. I have very expensive ones that will stand up to gas and not damage the rubber, however do not use anything
                    like RTV or silicon, it will glue your carbs together..
                    Since you have to order the spring, get the o-rings too,
                    the ones for the synch ports and the AF needles..
                    $20 for both sets from Bikebandit. (ouch!)

Comment

I'd do a compression test on #4
                      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

hey JP how about an update!!!!

Comment

Will do, Will do...I have a sailboat race today so will update tommorow!

Comment

Update #2 No O-ring, No vacuum, make Joe go CaRazzyYYYY!!!!

No O-ring for the sync port!!!

No A/F spring, metal washer, or rubber o-ring for the air/fuel mixture screw!!!

(kinda sounds like this #4 was a part carb for someone else )

Anyways, 2 questions right now:

1. How to clean out the A/F mixture screw cylinder

2. Where do get the rubber O-ring for my syn port (13509-17C00) beside my dealer that has to special order it for 6 bucks!

Comment

tim

[edit] a can of carb cleaner should work - stick the stray thing in the hole and spray. then replace the screw.

Comment

Take an o-ring from another carb with you to Auto Zone or similar and say "give me more of these " . They will then give you more of those , which you purchase , and keep the remainder as spares for next time .
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X