Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Getting about 10 miles to the galon wtf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jax
    I guess my bike is just my fun ride to work and home...for transporting stuff I use my cage...
    LOL Well, We aren't talking going for a romp in the woods or popping wheelies nor doing 120 mph with the stuff attached.

But when you take the bike to work, and its an absolutely perfect day and your bitching about having to be in work instead of riding. And someone says they need something cause they are out of it.. Well, you bet your arse that i'm gonna volunteer to go get it.. How the hell I'll carry it will be determined when I get there, buy it, bring it out and go "Shit" LOL

The above is a good example of a run on sentence gone array LOL
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it
      The above is a good example of a run on sentence gone array LOL
      And awry , too .
      Hell , when I first got the bike , one of the first things I did was look for ways to make sure I could ride it more often , for like errands and stuff . The luggage rack was my first "real" mod (not counting the replacing of stuff the PO screwed up on ) . 2 birds , one bike .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'd double check and make sure you got your numbers right.

Lets assume the 100 miles is correct. The kat (Ii'm assuming you have a kat) The tank has a capacity of 4.1 gallons max. I've been freaking out thinking I'm on empty and I don't think I've ever been able to put in more than 3.6 gallons. Lets assume you weren't putting yourself down to fumes and filling around 3.2 gallons.

This means you are actually getting around 30 mpg, much better than your fears. Check your numbers again, and then let me know how you fit 5 gallons into your kat!!
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by philwecksr
          The kat (Ii'm assuming you have a kat) The tank has a capacity of 4.1 gallons max. I've been freaking out thinking I'm on empty and I don't think I've ever been able to put in more than 3.6 gallons. Lets assume you weren't putting yourself down to fumes and filling around 3.2 gallons.
          Oh dude , you are WAY off . I put 4.9 in mine once when I was BELOW the red . Book calls it 5.1g (with the exception of the Ca models) . Yeah , when I fill up I often don't have to put more than 4 in it , but even 4 has me only halfway through the red . Your gauge SHOULD go below the red before you have to REALLY worry about pushing to the next gas station .

Comment

Re: Getting about 10 miles to the galon wtf?

Originally posted by maxspek
            So i have been noticing that my gas economy sucks some serious sack. The way i look at it is, i put in @5gals on saturday, ride to school a couple of times, pick up groceries, and by next saturday with 100miles on the bike im running on reserve.
            Any updates on this?

My suspicions are either an old fashioned fuel leak (leaky hose or petcock seal), or a really badly flooding carb dumping fuel into the oil and/or airbox.

Opening up the airbox and taking a paper towel to it should tell you which of the above it is -- if you're dumping that much fuel into the engine due to a flooding carb (bad/stuck float), the inside of the airbox will be literally aslosh with really fuel-loaded oil.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              The kat (Ii'm assuming you have a kat) The tank has a capacity of 4.1 gallons max. I've been freaking out thinking I'm on empty and I don't think I've ever been able to put in more than 3.6 gallons. Lets assume you weren't putting yourself down to fumes and filling around 3.2 gallons.
              Oh dude , you are WAY off . I put 4.9 in mine once when I was BELOW the red . Book calls it 5.1g (with the exception of the Ca models) . Yeah , when I fill up I often don't have to put more than 4 in it , but even 4 has me only halfway through the red . Your gauge SHOULD go below the red before you have to REALLY worry about pushing to the next gas station .
              Well duh. You've got a pre98. Seriously though, pre98s are pushing a 5.1 or so gallon tank, while the 98+ have 4.1. At least its that way for a pre98 750 and 98+ 600....

**Edit Update**: Apparently the line is the 600/750 difference, not the pre98 post 98 difference. 750s appear to have a 5.2 gallon tank, and the 600s a 4.1 gallon. This completely destroys all my preconceptions about identical except for the engine kat mechanics...

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
              -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

**Edit Update**: Apparently the line is the 600/750 difference, not the pre98 post 98 difference. 750s appear to have a 5.2 gallon tank, and the 600s a 4.1 gallon. This completely destroys all my preconceptions about identical except for the engine kat mechanics...
                Fo real homie ? Odd .

Comment

Not entirely sure what the differentiating line is, but my '95 600 has a 5.3 gallon tank with the gauge hitting the serious red part about 4 gallons gone. That gives me about 30-50 miles to find a gas station.
                  '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
                  PurpleonBlack

Comment

THE INTERNET HAS LIED TO ME!!!! I feel so deceived...

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

I know that Kristin's tank holds more than 4 gallons... I've drained it on several occasions...
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                      X