No announcement yet.
X

ENGINE OIL AND HEADLIGHTS..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also feel bad for ranting on you so, I have used the Silverstars but I like my MTEC bulbs better, I got them off e bay and they are have a lifetime warranty. I use Motul 5100 oil semi synthetic. Take care Gkannon77 and sorry again.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

But I swear this was the last time
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Comment

i just put the silverstars in and they look sweet, nice crisp color. when these blow ill give the MTCs a try katman.
          No worries

Comment

Comparison of bulbs

this is a quick comparison of the stock headlight bulbs vs the aforementioned silverstar 9003 st/2.....

35 bucks. just need to test them tonight to see the real diffrence
            both set on high beam. notice the duller yellow color of the stock.. Worth it IMHO..
            Attached Files

Comment

Man, it looks like you get a free Honda (car) with the silverstars, based on the before and after pictures!

Repsol is very well thought of in racing circles, and 10w50 is a great weight for the Kat in Florida. Here's the basic oil guideline I made up some time ago -- if it meets these standards, it's good to go (see graphic at bottom of this post).

Originally posted by Black_peter
              There are a lot of posts that I have made I wished were locked.. They got a bit long winded (How tos)
              I think in the future if I write one that is strictly a How-To I'll ask a mod to post and lock it for me.
              Put it on a webpage and you'll always be able to go back and edit it... stick it on one of my servers if you want to make sure it'll still be there years and years later

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Originally posted by Black_peter
                There are a lot of posts that I have made I wished were locked.. They got a bit long winded (How tos)
                I think in the future if I write one that is strictly a How-To I'll ask a mod to post and lock it for me.
                Put it on a webpage and you'll always be able to go back and edit it... stick it on one of my servers if you want to make sure it'll still be there years and years later
                My pictures still seem to be on my server in Austin, but I no longer have access to them (I canceled the cable service) Personally I like the way how to posts "fit" into the standard thread frame, rather than the outside link..

Thanks for the offer though! BTW if you get a chance email the link to the brake pictures I went you. I think I deleted the yahoo email you sent. (so send it to my personal one ) If my photos ever get dumped from the server I'll have to rewrite the hyperlinks..
                Cheers

Comment

Well, this is a first...

BY the moderators, ABOUT searching. Now I may really have seen everything.

But I am glad the post is up, because I used Repsol Syn. (don't recall weight) in my Bandit 1200, and am not happy with it. Shifting has become much more difficult- bike shifts fine while moving, or at least is still good enough, but shifting to any gear is noticebly stiffer, and finding neutral when stopped has become very difficult, Only change, besides just a few more miles, is the Repsol oil change.

I tried it because it was priced quite reasonably at Cyclegear, but I do not think I will use it again.
                  "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Hey thanks Stevie, although i already changed my oil change ill keep that in mind. havent noticed any shifting issues yet.. it does seem the engine runs smoother, but im sure many oil types can do that with no transmission probs!
                    thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X