No announcement yet.
X

Tree bolt covers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After searching i still havent manage to find a carbon fiber place in the US that makes a custom kit for the tree and gagues.

Comment

Originally posted by blackraven
      After searching i still havent manage to find a carbon fiber place in the US that makes a custom kit for the tree and gagues.
      Send a PM to Speedee. He's the carbon-fiber fanatic on the board, with carbon fiber all over his bike. I think he may have just used adhesive carbon fiber around the gauges & triple tree, cut to shape/size by him, rather than looking for a finished pre-cut solution.

KNOW THIS:
      A combination of the war in Iraq (military-industrial needs for carbon fiber, esp aircraft replacement/repair parts) and progressively more automotive & sports equipment manufacturers using carbon fiber has actually caused a bit of a carbon fiber draught here in the US, making the material more difficult to get than in previous years and driving prices upwards significantly (300% over the last year isn't uncommon). The flip side to this is it also causing more plants to start up and prices should drop over the coming 3-4 years as a result (esp. once the war is over).
      Originally posted by BigPicture.TypePad.Com
      "Pat Hus, chief executive of Titus Cycles in Tempe, Ariz., says that whenever he hears that a supplier has carbon fiber in stock, he picks up the phone and buys it immediately, often paying up to three times what he paid a year ago. "If we don't move that day, it's gone," he says."
      Source: The Big Picture, Marco-Economics Perspectives (Aug 2006)

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I didnt know that at all. Hope when they make new industies that one of them want to make nothing but custom carbon fiber kits lol.

Comment

Working...
        X