No announcement yet.
X

Kabusa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, DooD, thanks! Your Frankenkat is wicked in black, especially with all the mods! I guess I don't have my engine built-up enough to keep the front tire off the ground. It pulls pretty hard, though! I read your mods, the big bore kit is on my wish list. Did that mod and GSXR cam install make a significant difference? I've heard of putting the GSXR exhaust cam in also but I'm not sure which one delivers the smoothest useable power. The Holeshot folks say there's a trade-off with the power in the mid-range, have you noticed any loss there? I got a bunch more questions but I'll get with you on some of your other mods later. The helmet cam is a great idea! With your gearing I imagine your needle comes back around to zero!
    Do, Try, or Die! Katana 7/12 with: Bandit 1200S engine, modified airbox, TBR can, Factory Ign. advancer, Sprocket Spec. 47t racing sprocket set, Stage II Jet Kit, Braada seat cowl, Clear Alt. lenses and chrome bulbs

Comment

Yeah, the bore kit, cam, and porting do a TON for the bike.....once you do that and supply it with all the fuel it can gulp (which is a LOT!), you're make absolutely crazy midrange and top end gains in power, and the torque REALLY starts to get nasty at about 5000RPM! I don't find the midrange lacking at ALL on my bike.....it actually seems to smooth out a bit ance you hit about 4000.

Next year I'm thinking about adding the GSXR exhaust cam and 38mm flatslide smooth bore carbs, but that just depends on what kinda price I can find them for.

Kat needles don't go back to zero! I havn't found a road long enough to run the entire tach in fifth yet - but I do know that the speedo will sit at 6:00, with about 1000RPM left to go...... My gearing is also 4.25% taller than the stock Kat, so I have NO clue as to how fast she goes!

(But I did tear past a CBR600RR last weekend, as he was indicating about 235....)
      FrankenKat 1216
      GS Fiter 816
      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Arg! double post!
        FrankenKat 1216
        GS Fiter 816
        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

flat slides

Hey, thanks for the info! I'm leaning more that way now Just found some carbs on ebay you might want to check out!
          Attached Files
          Do, Try, or Die! Katana 7/12 with: Bandit 1200S engine, modified airbox, TBR can, Factory Ign. advancer, Sprocket Spec. 47t racing sprocket set, Stage II Jet Kit, Braada seat cowl, Clear Alt. lenses and chrome bulbs

Comment

great info. thanks

Comment

I cleaned out the storage space in my cowl and replaced a screw that I lost. Felt the increase in HP immediately. Then I changed the oil and didn't get a drop on the driveway. Oh... installed a new set of earplugs. Almost forgot that.

You freakin' guys make me feel so damn lame it's pathetic. Had to post SOMETHING!

*Slinking back to Starbucks now*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                Can't even make his own coffee!

just teasing you...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by tdrcomm
                  Can't even make his own coffee!

*sob*
                  sigpic

Comment

DooD:

Go to the 47 rear sprocket - I found it calmed down the wheel UP issue..........and put more "legs" on the high end......easier to go over 140!
                    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

BTW............THIS thread got me thinking a lot more about how much I really liked and missed the Kabana I built, so I've started building Kabana II.

2001 Kat 600 with a 2004 Bandit 1200 engine.

Got engien in earlier this week and installed it in an hour. Rolling now, more as time permits!
                      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

So wait , what was the stock gearing for the B12 ?
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Stock gearing was 15/45.

I destroyed a couple of GSXR750's the other day, and it felt good. I can't wait until this thing is jetted properly, so I can walk all over the local newbies with their Hondas.

I am currently waiting for a reply from Mr Turbo on a B-12 Turbokit; I think that with this motor's unbelievable low-end respnse and torque, that I could have a SERIOUS contender in the drags next year.......I have all the low end torque I ever wanted with the 1216 kit, but a couple pounds of boost would take me easily into the 200+HP range - taking my normal low-10 second 1/4 mile well into the 9's.
                          FrankenKat 1216
                          GS Fiter 816
                          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Working...
                          X