X

Kabusa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kabusa

The question was asked "Will a Bandit 1200 motor fit in a Katana?" It does and mine SCREAMS! Anyone interested in the specifics just drop me a line.
    Do, Try, or Die! Katana 7/12 with: Bandit 1200S engine, modified airbox, TBR can, Factory Ign. advancer, Sprocket Spec. 47t racing sprocket set, Stage II Jet Kit, Braada seat cowl, Clear Alt. lenses and chrome bulbs

Ha! first at last!
    AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

the more and more i think about my next bike the more i want a 1200 kat lol

Comment

pics ^^^^^^
        wanted a busa but bought a kat like it alot very nice to ride lol

Comment

Specifics please!! I'd like to do that some time to my 750. How much did it cost and how difficult was it to install? Where did you get the parts? Yeah, I think I'll start with those questions
          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Or, you can go into the How-to forum and find the thread regarding engine fitments and such.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

There have been a couple of people to have done this, if you search you will find alot of info from Micdalen on his recent conversion.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Nice work!!! You do it all yourself? if so, CONGRATS & WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

If the question was asked, it must have been by someone that was new on here, or just didn't know, or had not done a search!

Not to bust your bubble or anything, but just to let you know............

Over TWO YEARS AGO I did this swap, and posted up several things on what I called the Kabana. For those that saw or rode it, it was, well, LEGENDARY! 2001 Kat 750 w/ 99 Bandit 1200 engine

Look at the dates for a thread called INSTALLING LARGE ENGINES in Katanas............ 8)

See it here: (October, 2004)

8)
                I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

once this conversion is done what could the kat be compared to? does this mean it is now a 5 spd? how does the chassis and swingarm handle the x-tra tortion? wheel lofting acceleration? sweet!

Comment

Yup , 5sp . Apparently the swingarm is pretty solid being steel . Hoping to do it this winter myslef if I can save up for the engine .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have always run the stock Kat swing arms with whatever engien I use........never any problems.........at all!

Wheel lofting acceleration? I always gear mine to use the power up in the higher speed range.........so I go +1 front amd -2 rear.........usually 15/45 works well. Still TONS of pwer, yet it runs SWEET at 100-140 MPH and the MPG is still great 8)

Comment

Fitment

Hi, all! I'm new to this site and wanted to contribute so I figured I'd tell folks about my Kabusa. I realize this type of install has been done before but there are so many different variations, i.e. type of exhaust used, type of jetting, gearing, etc. This is just "my" creation, I didn't have anything to go by when I built it, just a vision of what I wanted it to do and how I wanted it to look. I did post a pic, I couldn't post one when I registered because the resilution was too high. If you decide to do an upgrade like this I know you will not want to ride anything else again! If you can swing it I highly recommend it, the older Katanas used to be 1100s anyway.
                        Do, Try, or Die! Katana 7/12 with: Bandit 1200S engine, modified airbox, TBR can, Factory Ign. advancer, Sprocket Spec. 47t racing sprocket set, Stage II Jet Kit, Braada seat cowl, Clear Alt. lenses and chrome bulbs

Comment

Results

For those that have already done this install what were your results? I haven't taken mine to the track yet but the acceleration is Awsome! I don't know what it tops out at but I had to back off the throttle because it was still pulling through the redline at a speed of over 180+ mph with no rev limiter kicking in. I wish I had a tank cam for proof because I'm sure there are a few people that think a five speed can't go that fast. I think Suzuki should bring the 1100 Katana back!

Comment

Re: Results

Originally posted by trunkbuster
                            For those that have already done this install what were your results? I haven't taken mine to the track yet but the acceleration is Awsome! I don't know what it tops out at but I had to back off the throttle because it was still pulling through the redline at a speed of over 180+ mph with no rev limiter kicking in. I wish I had a tank cam for proof because I'm sure there are a few people that think a five speed can't go that fast. I think Suzuki should bring the 1100 Katana back!

BTW.........I edited your posts so the 100% BOLD was off. BOLD on this website is meant for emphasis only, not a whole post. Thanks

Results? Amazing, simply amazing! 1127 or 1200 engines.........both are STRONG runners, and MUCH better than even a beefed up 750. The power to weight ratio is so much better that the normally heavy Kat is now just another "liter" bike......the wieght is no longer an issue!

I have used the 1200 engines for big time top end, and the 1127 for a balls out get up and go bike, like a street racer. Either way, its what a Kat ought to be!

180? Hmmmmmmm..........you really do need to get a GPS and get a read out on that. Your speedo will not accurately register at that speed......but you can cross check it with a GPS unit. I had mine measured here last year: http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

Comment

so let me get this straight. the 1200s motor is better of on my 01 600 kat than on the bandit? you guys are making the wheels inside my head spin. i'm seriously thinking about doing this swap this winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X