X

Transmission Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
    If anything, the gears should be shorter in the 600 tranny, right? That may actually make it quicker in the end.
    As far as I know, they're both geared identically internally (for cost control reasons). I have the tables for the 98+ 600 gears (listed here), but they won't do you any good in figuring out a pre-98's gearing...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok the part numbers are identical except 2nd and 6th should i buy a used 6oo trand and buy a new 750 2nd and 6th to replace the 600's
      drive it like you stole it

Comment

Originally posted by BEZ
        ok the part numbers are identical except 2nd and 6th should i buy a used 6oo trand and buy a new 750 2nd and 6th to replace the 600's
        If you're going to disassemble the whole engine to get out the old tranny and install a new one (instead of swapping entire engine+tranny as a whole to save the labor), just get it open & disassembled, and then order the individual parts you need brand new instead (the individual parts are usually not that expensive). As long as you're putting that much labor into it, don't bother buying the additional tranny and then hacking it up (that would mean two entire engines to disassemble to get at the parts).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X