X

Reaching top speed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    No it doesn't. You couldn't be more in the torque curve if you tried. 80-100+ mph should take about 2 seconds, even in 6th gear.
    On a Kat 600 it would probably take closer to 4-6 seconds depending on rider weight and mods, but then again why be in 6th already when it would be pulling much better in 3rd or 4th (depending on gearing) lol. At 100 on the speedo I'm still below where my 600 starts to pull hard in 6th, dropping to 4th lets it pull great (for a Kat 600). Most tests and specs I've seen claim 133-135 for a stock Kat600, and 145-150 for the 750.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
      On a Kat 600 it would probably take closer to 4-6 seconds depending on rider weight and mods, but then again why be in 6th already when it would be pulling much better in 3rd or 4th (depending on gearing) lol. At 100 on the speedo I'm still below where my 600 starts to pull hard in 6th, dropping to 4th lets it pull great (for a Kat 600).
      Ok, well Im sure my feather weight frame had something to do with it. 80mph was somewhere between 6500-8000rpm (stock gearing was changed over to 14/50) and it pulled like a freight train from 80 on in 6th gear

Just my experience.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i have gotten my 99 600 up to about 135 and i was only hitting 9500 rpm. my bike is completely stock. has no problem w/ high speeds. i dont know what to tell you

Comment

yeah a stocker with a light rider would pull harder at the lower revs than mine does with me on it. I'm running 15/45 gearing too, which puts my 5th gear right around where 6th was with the stock gearing. My speedo will touch 135 in 5th just as it gets ready to bump the limiter.

Bobkat, if you're only reading 9500rpm at 135mph on the speedo on a kat 600, your gearing isn't stock.
          Last edited by Psycho1; 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM.
          John,
          sigpic

Comment

145 shifting into 5th gear here on my 750, carried it on up past 155+ with plenty to go in rpms before I backed off...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

according to the gearing commander website's online calculator, a stock 99 Kat 600 should be going 119.3mph at 9500rpm in 6th gear.
              John,
              sigpic

Comment

Try to get higher rpms out of your previous shifts. Dont worry too much about 1st, but 2nd through 5th try to almost redline it. it should pick up the speed.

Comment

i weight 185 pounds 96 600 hit 120 today with some to spare ran out of road as far as i know everything is stock .po said he put a cam in it but i have doubts .i think he was saying that to cover lobing in idle

Comment

Originally posted by Shipster View Post
                    Hey Joker, if it is the air filter is there something I can do with it (blow it out with an airhose, clean it, etc.)? Also, I read somewhere on here that the K&Ns are supposed to take some kind of oil. Do you know anything about that?

K&N's suck!!!!! take it out and put in a stock filter

Oh, I also drive a 06 600 and have had mine up to 140 (speedo) so about 130 actual and it kept pullin. SO somethings up with your bike
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by STULER View Post
                      K&N's suck!!!!! take it out and put in a stock filter
                      +1, the OEM paper filter is what the carbs work best with. CV carbs need a proper restriction that the paper filter provides.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Wow, holy resurrection...a five year old thread???

Comment

• Bored....lol
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• http:// Test results Rickey Gadson K...be/vyxM1E0vtNA

Comment

Working...
                            X