X

Asking Exhaust advice. 4-1 Yoshi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
    The bike will run great and no, it won't run hot once you back those AF screws out.
    My anecdotal evidence differs...but I also ran a Uni air filter so that kinda throws a wrench in the mix so

Bottom line, your bike's not gonna blow up.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      I ran a 4-1 GSXR header and Yoshi can on my 750 with stock jetting for the whole time I owned it. Bump the AF screws to 2.5 turns out, make sure your carbs are pristine clean with no vacuum leaks and go. The bike will run great and no, it won't run hot once you back those AF screws out.
      Maybe the post are different, but even with them backed out it runs like ***. Especially above mid range, it's weak. All I have is a Delk slip on.

Comment

Maybe it's a matter of Delk vs Yoshi. With the Yoshi there's at least a little back-pressure.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

If you really plan to use the can with your stock header, shoot me a PM, I'll gladly make a deal for that header.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help. I'm ordering a Factory pro Jet kit and the exhaust was just put on with new gaskets. The jet kit should be here shortly along with my carb sync tool.

Project is just about done. I'll have some pics comin soon.

Also thanks for the offers on the exhaust anyway
            sigpic
            1994 GSX600

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              1.) 3.) It's most likely dented like that to clear the belly pan...my belly pan was trimmed to clear the Yoshi 4-1.

Stock suspensions worn out on the kat, then ridden hard in the curves around here = That dent on the bottom of the header everytime.

I've got one set of headers off a used bike here where they not only dented it in like that from not fixing the suspension, but then scraped it so much that large sections of the dented portion edges are scraped off leaving holes and tears.

Everyone is focused on the pipes and airfilters instead of fixing that worst thing on a kat... the suspension.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The Thumpertalk forum talks about filling the dented header up with water and then freezing it to pop/push out the dent. Never tried myself but might be worth a little research.
                Blackdog
                DRz-400e plated
                Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

I just discovered my Kat has a 4-1 Yoshimura pipe of some sort on it, but has an older, gold-colored plate on the muffler underneath a thick layer of black paint.

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                  The Thumpertalk forum talks about filling the dented header up with water and then freezing it to pop/push out the dent. Never tried myself but might be worth a little research.
                  sounds plausible but I hope you have a big enough freezer and a way to trap the water inside the header.
                  Last edited by black&blue; 02-15-2012, 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                  Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                  2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Working...
                  X