X

Asking Exhaust advice. 4-1 Yoshi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking Exhaust advice. 4-1 Yoshi

So I picked up this exhaust at a local junkyard from a Pre 600... Told me $70, I got it.

As you can see from the pictures It's a 4-1 Yoshi but the header is quite dented from bottoming out

I'm thinking to avoid getting a jet kit and having issues with the dent I would just have a mid-pipe made then slip on the can to my stock header. I know an exhaust shop could do it quick and easy.

What do you guys think? Am I going the best route?

P.S. I don't care about performance gains. The sound is what gets me.
    Last edited by dta; 01-17-2012, 08:56 PM.
    sigpic
    1994 GSX600

finding a yoshi 4 to 1 is a score in itself, sucks its dented
    95 Kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by BringTheHateMosh View Post
      finding a yoshi 4 to 1 is a score in itself, sucks its dented
      I know. Even had mint condition mirrors
      sigpic
      1994 GSX600

Comment

There are specialized exhaust shops that fix only that kind of thing. Take it to one of them and have them fix it.

Comment

Even if you just put the can on your factory headers, you really should do Stage 1 jet kit.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            There are specialized exhaust shops that fix only that kind of thing. Take it to one of them and have them fix it.
            Then I would be looking into a jet kit correct?

Edit*
            Just saw your post Red Kat. thanks
            Last edited by dta; 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM.
            sigpic
            1994 GSX600

Comment

yeah, that's not really all that hard of a fix with the right tools.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

1.) Why are you avoiding a jet kit? It's the #1 must do mod for any carburated bike...

2.) You paid $70 for the exhaust, is another $130 for the FP kit seriously too much money? You'll pay close to that just getting a new midpipe fabbed up to avoid using the headers (that you paid $70 for)

3.) It's most likely dented like that to clear the belly pan...my belly pan was trimmed to clear the Yoshi 4-1.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Couldn't he just run it like it is?

Only reason I say something is because that header looks to have some good rust pitting going on. Might not be worth it to pay to have it fixed.

None the less, good find. I love my Yoshi system

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                    Couldn't he just run it like it is?
                    Def could, I did the same for 4 months on mine.

Bike's gonna run hot though, mine stalled out at traffic lights a lot with stock jetting.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I meant to jet it and run the headers like they are

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                        I meant to jet it and run the headers like they are
                        OP said he doesnt want to jet, his reasoning for that is beyond me.

Yes, that would work just fine. It's a Katana 600, the dent will have 0 effect on performance.

Comment

I am fine with jetting I wasn't trying to sound like I'm totally avoiding it. I just was leaning toward the side of getting a midpipe made tomorrow. Judging by feedback I'll wait for a jet kit to get here before installing.
                          Last edited by dta; 01-17-2012, 10:48 PM.
                          sigpic
                          1994 GSX600

Comment

if all else fails.. ill just buy that from you for... $100... profitttttttt... think about it.. lmao i already have one.. but never know what may happen

Comment

I ran a 4-1 GSXR header and Yoshi can on my 750 with stock jetting for the whole time I owned it. Bump the AF screws to 2.5 turns out, make sure your carbs are pristine clean with no vacuum leaks and go. The bike will run great and no, it won't run hot once you back those AF screws out.
                              Last edited by Wild-Bill; 01-17-2012, 11:09 PM. Reason: dang cellphone...
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X