No announcement yet.
X

2006 Kat 600 loudest slip on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D&D, had one on my EX500. Loud. No back pressure, awesome for getting and keeping the neighbors up at all hours of the day and night. At the race track, it was easy to keep track of me, the parallel twin motor with that can had a unique sound, as close to open exhaust as you can get. So loud in fact, I took "freeze plugs", drilled different size holes into them and then tryed to tune the noise level and back pressure by mounting them in the end of the pipe. Homemade Supertrap...it worked!

Comment

Yeah I would go with the Delkevic 200mm Mini . Looks good and sounds even better. I have a 14 inch can and its plenty loud for me.
      Last edited by Blue AlKat; 10-15-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Funny thing is, Jim, I'm not really sure how loud it is or what it sounds like to others. Around town I never "get on it" and I'm rarely out of second, and once I'm on the highway I don't hear it at all after I'm in third. Perhaps I should let someone else ride my bike to get a better perspective....... then again, I don't really like when anybody but me even sits on it. I know for a fact there must be a different sound after the EXUP valve opens up, but that doesn't happen unless you're above 5000 rpms. By that point, I'm more concerned with the ride than I am with what it sounds like. I rashed up the stock can a couple of years ago lowsiding after hitting a patch of sand and was in the market for a replacement. I got a good deal on the D&D and went for it.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

D&D's on kats are plenty loud...the absolute best sounding D&D's I ever heard were a pair mated to a SV1000S that was at the 07 rally. It was a stunning ride, the coppery orange color they came in with dual polished D&D's...I still drool thinking about how that bike looked and sounded...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

At the time the D&D was one of the only choices I had in the aftermarket. It was a good quality piece. My oldest son had one on his 2002 ZX600R and it had a much better sound than my 500. For my ZZR, I put a Two Brothers can on it because they sell a kit to quite it down a bit and get some back pressure into the motor. Alot of the Kawi 600cc bikes (with carbs) get a nasty stumble on acceleration if you take to much back pressure out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
              For my ZZR, I put a Two Brothers can on it because they sell a kit to quite it down a bit and get some back pressure into the motor.
              One of these?

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                D&D's on kats are plenty loud...the absolute best sounding D&D's I ever heard were a pair mated to a SV1000S that was at the 07 rally. It was a stunning ride, the coppery orange color they came in with dual polished D&D's...I still drool thinking about how that bike looked and sounded...
                There was an awesome looking copper one at the 11 Rally with dual Titanium M4's. It sounded great and even shot blue flames out of the exhaust until Wheeler tuned it.

Last edited by JHILDE; 10-15-2011, 05:07 PM.
                Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Let's be honest here, an SV1000 would sound sexy with a couple of Cherry-Bombs welded onto it. That's just a sexy sounding engine.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

loud pipe

I have a scorpion cf on my 03 600. But it was previous owner layed it over and the cf busted out. Makes it run funny. I like louder pipes so i ordered a polished d&d. From my research there loud.Will behere in like 2 days and they are very reasonably priced I can post a video.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, my Scorpion is obnoxious when on the bike. I've never heard it from a distance so I can't comment on that. After riding for awhile it makes my ears ring. I only bought it because the stock exhaust was so quiet and I figured the added noise would make me more noticeable to other drivers. Perhaps that isn't the case?
                      Last edited by Spyderturbo007; 11-22-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

My 2001 750 Kat came with a chrome D&D on it, and it was loud enough that the buzz hurt my ears. I found a plug ("dB Dawg") and it toned it down just enough to make the volume more tolerable. Get on the throttle, and it sounds pretty sweet, although still pretty loud.

I got my 2006 with a yoshi on it, I find it pretty quiet, although has a nice low rumble. At higher revs it's got a cool growl, but I find myself kind of missing the louder roar of the D&D when i give it.

2006 Katana 750
                        2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
                        2003 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Originally posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post
                          As far as I'm concerned, my Scorpion is obnoxious when on the bike. I've never heard it from a distance so I can't comment on that. After riding for awhile it makes my ears ring. I only bought it because the stock exhaust was so quiet and I figured the added noise would make me more noticeable to other drivers. Perhaps that isn't the case?
                          Nope. All loud pipes do is **** people. They key is this: Ride like you're invisible and every cager is out to kill you. Then you don't have to worry about them seeing you. The last thing you want to do is become the focus of their attention.

Comment

If you have ever had the chance to watch an ambulance attempt to navigate traffic with its lights and siren on, yet still has cars that act like they don't see or hear it... well, that might point towards the fail of the concept of "loud pipes save lives" BS that so many spout. It doesn't work... its not helpful, it's harmful in multiple ways.

Instead of learning to properly ride defensively, it may give some a false sense of security.

Most vehicles have sound reduction designs to reduce road noise. This means that your loud pipes won't be heard from the distance and or direction you need for them to make things "safe" for you. I myself live in an area where it is very common to be passed unexpectantly in a car by riders. I NEVER hear them first even with the loud pipes till they are actively passing/passed me. Most often, until their tail pipe is just past my door (and now directly in my view anyways) I couldn't hear them. Then I get a sudden and startling blast of noise that very well has nearly caused an accident before.

This continued flawed "philosophy" about the loud pipes by the minority of motorcycle riders is the reason in the US we are seeing push for new legislation and restrictions on motorcycle aftermarket exhausts, motorcycle specific traffic stops and motorcycle specific inspection requirements. Way to go guys!

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I had to get an aftermarket exhaust system...my headers were rusted out and my cans had huge holes in the bottoms.

I searched for katana exhaust kits (aftermarket) then searched for the quietest of the bunch.....I ended up with the vance and hines setup and i personally find it to be loud enough to be annoying but its like listening to a cat purr compared to my friends bike 02 GSXR 600 with a D&D.

His bike i refuse to ride beside. I secretly plan to go cut off the can one night and stuff a potato in the pipe...heheheheheh!

Comment

Well, if that's the case, I'm tempted to rip off the Scorpion and put the stock exhaust back on because I hate that d#$n thing. Anyone want to buy an exhaust....I'll sell it cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X