No announcement yet.
X

Bandit Headers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

estimated size... I beleive my OEM were 1.25" and these B12 are 1.75" tubes. The mid-pipe connector is the same, but not sure of the size. That's about all I know.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
      estimated size... I beleive my OEM were 1.25" and these B12 are 1.75" tubes. The mid-pipe connector is the same, but not sure of the size. That's about all I know.
      That doesn't sound right to me... I can't imagine them being 1.75 at the down-pipes...
      Also: remember, inner measurement (ID) is the critical one -- OD is effectively irrelevant.

I remember measuring the OEM 98+ 600 & 750 pipes with a micrometer at one point and posting the results to KR, but all I can find is that I calculated it out to be a 23% area-difference between the two:

and
      Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
      From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
      Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

When I measured my headers it was

The B12 header I.D. is 28.9mm (1.141 inch)
        The Kat 600 header I.D. is 26.03mm (1.025 inch) (theses are my measurement I took. The measurement werre taken about 1 1/2inches into the exhaust inlet of the header with a telescoping gage and a digital caliper.)

My thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85087
        Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 11-19-2008, 03:12 PM.
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          That doesn't sound right to me... I can't imagine them being 1.75 at the down-pipes...

I went to measure, they are a tad over 1.5" at the down-pipes (outside dim.)
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

awesome thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
              The B12 header I.D. is 28.9mm (1.141 inch)
              The Kat 600 header I.D. is 26.03mm (1.025 inch) (theses are my measurement I took. The measurement werre taken about 1 1/2inches into the exhaust inlet of the header with a telescoping gage and a digital caliper.)
              Those measurements sound much more "right" to me... I recall the stock 750 header being about 27.2mm...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

will the exhaust headers from the bandit 1200 or 600 fit on the pre 600 if yes which would be better?

Comment

you need the 98+ oil pan and pick up, which do you think would be better 600 or 1200

Comment

i dont know will either upset the engines running more , only asking sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                      Naw still rides great. Just lose some low-end. Makes alot more on the top end through.
                      Well, there you go- "loss of low-end" is basically the same as "loss of some drivability." But glad it works for you, and you can deal with the loss- whatever you want to call it!
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                        Well, there you go- "loss of low-end" is basically the same as "loss of some drivability."
                        If that's what you want to call it. maybe a loss for you, but works well for me!
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by deanocinq View Post
                          i dont know will either upset the engines running more , only asking sorry
                          the 1200 gives you top end increase. The 600 will give you NO increase. With the B12 header you will also lose a lot of bottom end, which can be corrected with GSXR cams. In other words, unless your looking to mod a bunch of stuff, don't do it, it's not gonna do anything by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            the 1200 gives you top end increase. The 600 will give you NO increase. With the B12 header you will also lose a lot of bottom end, which can be corrected with GSXR cams. In other words, unless your looking to mod a bunch of stuff, don't do it, it's not gonna do anything by itself.
                            "" (quote arsenic from several threads)
                            sigpic
                            Update Jul 11 2014
                            Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X