My first project (pic intensive)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rider135 View Post
    nice!

really like the bike man. im about to start a similar project with my 04 kat. but ive never done any kinds of mods before. im rebuilding the engine and id like to do a paint job as well as a few other mods. could u tell me about the paint job like what kind of paint and idk i guess the process of painting it? ive never painted before to be honest and i just dont wana screw anything up or use the wrong stuff of something.
    Thank you for the compliments

This was my first time using a paint gun, and it takes a lot more skill than i had thought. It is all about getting even coverage, which is easier said that done. You might want to try using rattle cans for your first time.

Here is a detailed write up by one of the other members. I found it useful, you might too.
    Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

The advice that I would give you is if you use rattle cans, buy everything (primer, color, and clear) all from the same company. That way you are sure that they are all compatible.

You can use the search and look for painting advice. There is TONS of it on here.

When it comes down to it, its all about experience. Do not expect perfection on your first try, because it just won't happen.

Here is a picture I took in my garage after final assembly. There are more to come, I just have to get my hands on a good camera.....and possibly a model

Last edited by BPryz; 05-05-2011, 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

nice work..the stickers the po put on were really lame lol.

Comment

Let me jus say i read this WHOLE thread from page one to ten and it is intense how efficient you do things. Esspecially because you do it the most simplistic and cheapest way possible yet it still comes out GORGEOUS. Great job!!
        "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
        - Michael Jordan-

My Build: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...02#post2085502

Comment

Originally posted by jsilva30 View Post
          Let me jus say i read this WHOLE thread from page one to ten and it is intense how efficient you do things. Esspecially because you do it the most simplistic and cheapest way possible yet it still comes out GORGEOUS. Great job!!
          Thank you. It definitely pays off to hear that
          Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
          '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Looks clean. Good job!!!!

Comment

Wow the bike looks CLEAN on the paint scheme! Congrats on a job well done!
              The training of Karate is the training in self-control, humbleness, and discipline in conduct. The attainment of this supreme perfection requires the greatest of patience to fully master. I am here physically for technique, spiritually for philosophy, and together for character. By being patient and striving for perfection will I become physically, mentally, and spiritually strong.
              -- Walter K. Nishioka, Shihan The International Karate League

Comment

nice work, good attention to detail.

Comment

Mate - exceptional job V tasteful too, not easy to achieve
                  you must be totally stoked, now wheres that model you hinted at...
                  '92 GSX750F 'fighter project
                  '83 XV1000 cafe racer project (almost done )

Comment

Thanks everyone for the compliments...

We have had crappy weather down here for the past week, and it doesn't look like it will be letting up for at least another week. So the photo shoot is postponed for a bit.
                    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

• looks extremely good!!!! how did the front turn signals turn out?

Comment

• Originally posted by goupil91 View Post
                        looks extremely good!!!! how did the front turn signals turn out?
                        Thank you

They are holding up great, although a bit dimmer than I had hoped. Hopefully next time I won't be under such a time/budget constraint.
                        Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                        '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

• yeah i was wandering if the lights would dim over time or not..... i am hoping to so something different to mine... did yours stick out as much after you did the mod?

Comment

• Originally posted by goupil91 View Post
                            yeah i was wandering if the lights would dim over time or not..... i am hoping to so something different to mine... did yours stick out as much after you did the mod?
                            no dimming over time. LED's have an extremely long life.

I shaped the LED bars to follow the body lines of the bike. They look great.
                            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

• ok im stealing your windscreen idea, what did you use to cut the windscreen. the only thing im afraid of is it cracking any tips or suggustions?

Comment

• Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

Wish I could take credit for the idea....
                                Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                                '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Working...
                                X