X

My first project (pic intensive)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slim68 View Post
    Yeah, I found that out the hard way. They were selling them on ebay a while back and I was gullable enough to order one. I finally got my $220.00 back a couple of weeks ago. 4 month nightmare
    ouch! sorry to hear that
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Hey, I probably missed this somewhere, but is that windscreen off of an ex500
      Sliminator

Comment

looks great

Comment

Originally posted by slim68 View Post
          Hey, I probably missed this somewhere, but is that windscreen off of an ex500
          Yeah it is. I accidentally stepped on it the other day while I was working and broke it. Now I have to buy a new one

Does anyone have any ideas about my problem with the brake calipers not sealing??

Today I put on all of the side covers back on the bike after painting them flat black. I have some pictures of the body work I did to the starter cover (front left cover) after the previous owner dropped the bike and messed it all up. I just used bondo and sand paper.

Last edited by BPryz; 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM.
          Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
          '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

some more teasers

Today I got my wheels back from the powdercoater, put the calipers back on, painted and assembled the triple tree, installed HID's (6K from DDM), and I am currently putting finishing touches on my turn signals.

Last edited by BPryz; 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM.
            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Looking good dude, I may be taking a couple of your ideas
              Originally posted by chrisgreer23
              Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
              2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
              1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
              2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
              1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

man this bike is niiiice!!! def put some time into this.. i plan to paint my bike flat black w/ the red on the rim also.. i actually bought the paint the day i got my 600, which was yesterday.. i got my paint from walmart.. do u think the truckliner paint is better than reg flat black paint? and would be nice if u could post a pic of ur bike after all the covers painted

Comment

Originally posted by muscles4glory View Post
                  man this bike is niiiice!!! def put some time into this.. i plan to paint my bike flat black w/ the red on the rim also.. i actually bought the paint the day i got my 600, which was yesterday.. i got my paint from walmart.. do u think the truckliner paint is better than reg flat black paint? and would be nice if u could post a pic of ur bike after all the covers painted

Thanks.

I would never paint using truck bed liner again. It was a cool concept, and I definitely think that it make the fairings a little stronger, but it was a pain to shoot. About halfway through the can, it would only shoot propellant and I had to turn the can upside down to get anything to come out. Also, because of the texture, it caught every single piece of dust in the air, and you couldn't wash it using a normal car wash sponge because the texture would tear the sponge.

Use a regular flat black. If shot properly, you'll have a more even color, and it will be easier to maintain.

I will definitely be posting pictures as soon as the bike is done.

@Crash
                  Please do! Im sure there is room for improvement on them
                  Last edited by BPryz; 04-18-2011, 09:31 PM.
                  Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                  '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Where did you get the gold pin stripping?
                    Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                    Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                    2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                    1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                    2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                    1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                      Where did you get the gold pin stripping?
                      I got it at a local paint supply store. It was made by 3M so I'm sure you could find many places.
                      Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                      '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Just finished wiring up the turn signals. Here they are. Click on the second picture for a video

Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                        '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Teaser pics..almost done with assembly

Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                          '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Wow, I'm likin' the color scheme. This thing is gonna look great.
                            Sliminator

Comment

nice!

really like the bike man. im about to start a similar project with my 04 kat. but ive never done any kinds of mods before. im rebuilding the engine and id like to do a paint job as well as a few other mods. could u tell me about the paint job like what kind of paint and idk i guess the process of painting it? ive never painted before to be honest and i just dont wana screw anything up or use the wrong stuff of something.
                              Last edited by rider135; 05-05-2011, 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

wow that looks amazing! cant wait to see it all together
                                sigpic
                                If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Working...
                                X