No announcement yet.
X

spray-painted bike pics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I repainted my bike with spray paint,Duplicolor metallic black,I was realy happy with the results,As far as the tank goes i used the clear coat for their engine enamel paint.
    97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

keep mine black
      A fucked up ride is better than a dressed up walk

Comment

all rattle can, and the cheap stuff at that

i got some plastic primer, spent time sanding out the chips from the plastic

primed

painted (98 cent rattle can flat black)

looks great
        -Alex

Currently Looking for a pre 98 katana project

Comment

Check my ride profile for more. Color-rite rattle cans baby! You could paint it with a paintbrush and get a good looking paint job. The trick is not in the painting it is in the prep and finish work. Sand,sand,sand and sand some more and after you lay the color, wetsand that puppy smoother than a babies butt and it'll look show quality.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

yeah bradda's kat you could not tell it was rattle can.. jsut be sure when you use rattle can you apply it using different strokes for each applications of paint. Don't normally need to do that with a gun because of the size of the spray. Rattle can has a small area of spray. I can show you examples but i won;t in order to protect the identity of those who did it.

When i say different strokes i mean horizontal for the first application then vertical for the next.
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Jim, this is the first time I have seen your bike finished!! Holy $#!t!! I love it!! and I am not a pre98 kinda guy. Sweet!!
              Why bother doing anything if you cannot
              "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

Originally posted by kahluamud
                Jim, this is the first time I have seen your bike finished!! Holy $#!t!! I love it!! and I am not a pre98 kinda guy. Sweet!!
                Thanks Joe! Coming from you that is a real compliment. Here is an "action" shot from the photo shoot at the gap. It's a little better than the ones done with my crappy half broken camera in my profile
                Attached Files
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

The only problem with metallic spray cans is getting the paint to LOOK even. You can see the areas where there is too much flake or not enough. The smaller the surface, the more even looking you can get it. Use metallic spray cans for your accessories ONLY in my oppinion, unless you are a paint can master like I !!

I thought about trying out that KRYLON FUSION paint that works excellent with PLASTICS. Maybe when it comes time to repaint my bike, I will try that.

Either way, I agree with the point made that the preparation will make the paint job, but your skills with the can will make or break it too. The good thing is it is cheap, so if you use the wrong paint or do a crappy job, you can just sand it off and start over.
                  "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

I just tried the fusion on my windscreen and man does that stuff dry fast...and it was pretty hard to get even (I don't know...but it seemed thicker than normal rattle paints)

Comment

I've used Krylon's Fusion products in the past, as a last ditch effort to repaint some Givi hardsided luggage (after a long horror story that some of you will remember -- it's humorous from a third-person perspective). The finish came out well, but definitely not of the caliber of an automotive or motorcycle factory job. It's held up better than the original color-matched factory paint & clear coat that was on the bags before, though. Wouldn't hesitate to use it on a belly pan or under-tail

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

All of these spray bomb bikes LOL

actually look great!!

The mirrage is awesome, I am now wanting to go to walmart and get some primer and a case of paint. Some sandpaper, fiberglass resin etc. LOL
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I am thinking color match spray bomb!

wheels, mirrors, tail piece under the taillight etc.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I use DUPLICOLOR WHEEL COATING exclusively for my foot pegs, heel kicks, blah, blah.

I have used DUPLICOLOR METALCAST in the past. If you apply it to a bare metal, the finished product is imaculate. Shiney and Anodized looking. The problem is the sun will fade it within months. I guess it would be better with a clear coat.

I just recently bought some DUPLICOLOR ILLUMINITE for my guage needles. I have not applied it yet, but I have tried it on something else and it works ok. I will post up once I get it done. It is quite expensive, so wait until I get it done to go out and buy it. You'll get to see how it works, first.

I painted my buddy's '91 Kat 600 with the DUPLICOLOR MIRAGE paint and it turned out ok, but you really have to spend some time polishing up the clear coat. Once all was said and done, it looked good. You just need patience.

I use DUPLICOLOR exclusively. Primer, Color and Clear Coat. Except for the VIPER GTS Blue, of course . Here are some examples of what they turn out to look like.

As you can tell, I love DUPLICOLOR. Do you think I could get them to hire me as an advertiser.

-Joe
                            "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

Dayum that red looks great Joe!

Comment

Please visit THIS link to see how my brake job came together. It is still in the works, though.
                                "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

Working...
                                X