Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter
    replied
    I've often thought about doing a tail swap on my Pre 750, but I think if I was going to go to the trouble of welding the rear subframe, I'd go all out and install an 03+ tail section.

Leave a comment:

• Blazerzr2
    replied
    bolt

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    Odd... when doing my swingarm swap I used a 600 frame for mock up. The pivot bolt was the same for me between the 2... 90 600 vs a 93 750.

Krey

part #'s, notice the difference.

90 600= 61211-19C00

93 750=
    61211-20C00

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazerzr2 View Post
    as steves said, mine was done. i am running complete 750 bodywork on a 600 frame including the seat. youll need the 2 frames as there are many things that need to be swapped. also, the swindarm pivot bolt on the 750 is a larger diameter. there are several options here. use the 600 swinger and hardware or do as i did and reem out the 2 holes to accept the 750 bolt. the change over took about 3 hours total.
    Odd... when doing my swingarm swap I used a 600 frame for mock up. The pivot bolt was the same for me between the 2... 90 600 vs a 93 750.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Blazerzr2
    replied
    frame

as steves said, mine was done. i am running complete 750 bodywork on a 600 frame including the seat. youll need the 2 frames as there are many things that need to be swapped. also, the swindarm pivot bolt on the 750 is a larger diameter. there are several options here. use the 600 swinger and hardware or do as i did and reem out the 2 holes to accept the 750 bolt. the change over took about 3 hours total.

Leave a comment:

• adam3203
    replied
    Nice post! This is good information to have. I have wondered which would work on my kat. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Nuno
    replied
    As far as i know, the guy told it was a whole bike exept for the exhuast that he sold. If my friend decides to do it, i will let u know. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nuno View Post
    Oh ok, thanks guys. I have a welder and i can weld ok. That part isn't really a problem for me. I'll see if my friend wants to convert the tail. I found a guy selling a 89 600 parts bike that i am going to go and take a look at this weekend. Maybe we can use it to do the swap.
    I would suggest printing out a copy of the tail section micro fiche for a 600, if the bike is not all together, you can verify the parts needed for the swap are there. It will also show you how everything goes together, so you can plan your swap.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Nuno
    replied
    Oh ok, thanks guys. I have a welder and i can weld ok. That part isn't really a problem for me. I'll see if my friend wants to convert the tail. I found a guy selling a 89 600 parts bike that i am going to go and take a look at this weekend. Maybe we can use it to do the swap.

Leave a comment:

• LAsunbird86
    replied
    Originally posted by Nght_Driftr View Post
    Does anybody have any fairings for sale?
    Theres a full set of 98+ fairings on ebay atm

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    Can u put a pre 600 tail section on a pre 750. Is it a direct bolt on or does it take some work to make it fit. My friend has a 96 750 but hates how big his tail light is and likes how my 600 one looks. And if it is swapable can he still use his single seat or does he have to use the 600 two seat.
    You'd have to cut the rear sub frame, and reweld. Blazerzr2 has done this.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Can u put a pre 600 tail section on a pre 750. Is it a direct bolt on or does it take some work to make it fit. My friend has a 96 750 but hates how big his tail light is and likes how my 600 one looks. And if it is swapable can he still use his single seat or does he have to use the 600 two seat.
    the 2 welded in cross brackets are different and at the minimal would need to be changed to do the swap. not hard, if you know someone who can weld and have a donor sub frame. Other than that, it's just swap all the parts.

And yes, to do the swap that way would require the use of the 600 seat.

Now, if you wanna go totally custom, you might be able to work out a way to use the 750 seat with creative use of brackets made from scratch.

the locking/latching systems are completely different between the 2 though.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Nuno
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nght_Driftr
    replied
    94 katana fairings

Does anybody have any fairings for sale?

Leave a comment:

• PilotC150
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazerzr2 View Post
    not real sure why you would want to make a pre ugly sweet looking with post bodywork
    Fixed your post.

Sorry, just wanted to use the strikethrough tag.

Leave a comment:

• Psycho1
    replied
    My plastics are pretty beat up, and the wife wants my katana after I get myself a bigger bike (she wants a Ninja 250 to learn on first though). She likes the look of my friends Busa, and I figured the post kats are a little closer looking to that so..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X