Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ep87
    replied
    Good point Arsenic your right. Sometimes the difference on in part numbers on body stuff is the color or finish.

For the parts your looking for I'd consider them interchangeble 89 to 96.
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• arsenic
    replied
    yeah, in color. That's it.

Leave a comment:

• broel
    replied
    Originally posted by ep87 View Post
    The 96 thru 89 Pre 750's body wise are all the them same. You can always go to a site like http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/ that sells OEM parts and compare part number from year to year.
    Richard
    Thanks!

Turns out they're different..

Leave a comment:

• ep87
    replied
    The 96 thru 89 Pre 750's body wise are all the them same. You can always go to a site like http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/ that sells OEM parts and compare part number from year to year.
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• broel
    replied
    1996 katana 600 undertail plastics

Hey guys I bought a 96 katana off of a guy who was trying to make it into a naked bike and gave up in the process. It sat for a couple years and he lost all the hardware and bolts. Lucky I have most of the fairings but I'm missing the undertail plastics to mount the license plate, light, and turn signals.

Do any of you know whether these are interchangeable with a 88-97 750? I've found one on eBay and wondering if I should even bother or just make due with what I have.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• kat_kitten
    replied
    98 - 02 are the same pieces- no modification needed. the 03+ will fit an 02, except for the tail section as they changed around the brake light.
    what piece did you mess up? and how badly? chances are you'l be able to fix yours with a little elbow grease and patience....

Leave a comment:

• theprin_s
    replied
    I have a 02 Katana and saw in a previous posting that the fairrings are compatiable from 98-02 but I was wondering if there was any modifications that would be needed or would they just bolt on?

Had a bit of a mishap in the fall time and I am trying to get fairrings that i do not have to modify other that paint. I hear the ones from Hong Kong aren't great cause the bolt holes do not match up.

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    When you say, newer ones... you mean the GSXF's? Because my guess is they are totally different since the frames are based on the old Bandit.

Leave a comment:

• Greatness
    replied
    So I just bought a 2000 kat 600 with a busted front headlight assembly. This is my second katana in the 98-02 range. I have never really been a fan big two eyed headlights. Since this one is busted I figured Id see if it is possible to switch the headlight with the newer ones (kind of pointy singular looking version) without too much modding?

Leave a comment:

• car0linab0y
    replied
    I know ebay has full sets for like $550 for the post... they might have pre sets too. Only thing is, they're from China.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by vonrapier View Post
    Anyone know where you can pick up pre painted full set of pannels for an 89 kat 600? The ones with the decals etc? And if so what are your thoughts about them. I have an 89 Kat 600 and am trying to decide to sand and paint existing plastic or purchase pre painted decaled parts.

Von

Unless you find a shop that has left over "OEM fairings lost in a wharehouse", your looking at purchasing used... or unpainted aftermarket fairings. Painted sets with decals are mostly obsolete, and prohibatively expensive ($500+ for one upper main side for example...)

Krey

Leave a comment:

• vonrapier
    replied
    Anyone know where you can pick up pre painted full set of pannels for an 89 kat 600? The ones with the decals etc? And if so what are your thoughts about them. I have an 89 Kat 600 and am trying to decide to sand and paint existing plastic or purchase pre painted decaled parts.

Von

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    Not likely.

Leave a comment:

• car0linab0y
    replied
    Do any pre front fenders fit the 98-02? There's a ton of them on eBay, and by the pics they look the same from like 88+

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    Yes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X