Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdunn
    replied
    Originally posted by cybertrip View Post
    Let us know how that kit works out. I'm curious because of the fact that it's coming out of China. I'm concerned about the paint quality and the alignment of the plastic.
    I have ordered the kit and I am now waiting for it to arrive. Once I get the kit I will add the new mirrors, powder coat the wheels and new improved rear tail light. Than the bike will be than offered for sale locally and on ebay....

BTW the entire suspension is done by Terry at Hyper Responce Suspension, 100% improvment from stock.

Leave a comment:

• rabidmaggot
    replied
    This pretty much is the thread I was looking for!

I have an 89 GSR600F. Now this being my first bike I will need to replace all the plastics (looking pretty rough-shes been dropped a few times)and I noticed right at the top of this thread "All 88-97 fairings are interchangeable between the 600's and 750's with the exception of the rear frame covers".

Is there any year where they were interchangeable or do I have to modify the plastics from newer years to fit somehow? Tkx!

Leave a comment:

• mcglothern
    replied
    lol that sucks but a bigger hammer will work thanks

Leave a comment:

• phantasm
    replied
    Besides a new gas tank I believe the mounting locations on the frame are different.

Leave a comment:

• mcglothern
    replied
    i have a 95 600 i would like to put 98+ on it what would i need to do

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Originally posted by cybertrip View Post
    I figured if I'm going to replace the taillight as mine has a crack around it that I may as well convert to the 03 tail plastic. Now, seeing these full fairing sets has given me an easy way to get a new paint scheme on the cheap while being able to have spairs. I'm just curious of the quality of the paint and whether the logos are all vinyl or if they actually have custom paint on them.
    I personally haven't had a set but I would have to say Vinyl, even the OEM uses it. You aren't going to get custom paint graphics on the cheap.

Leave a comment:

• cybertrip
    replied
    I figured if I'm going to replace the taillight as mine has a crack around it that I may as well convert to the 03 tail plastic. Now, seeing these full fairing sets has given me an easy way to get a new paint scheme on the cheap while being able to have spairs. I'm just curious of the quality of the paint and whether the logos are all vinyl or if they actually have custom paint on them.

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    There are mixed reviews on the China plastics but we all have to keep in mind that the Katana is a budget bike to begin with. I prefer the one piece tail over the 2 piece and personally like the 2003 tail light! Any aftermarket plastics are going to take some fitment to get them correct anyway. It is all a matter of what your budget can handle. the China stuff is cheap compared to any others out there.

Leave a comment:

• Bendeigid
    replied
    I don't know about this ebay seller but I have a similar on order from China. I believe that in order to fit these on a 98-02 bike requires a change of the tail light to the 03 model as it looks that they are only doing the one piece tail rather than the two piece. It looks similar on the pictures in the link you posted.

I have just been through this with my order but I will not be able to say for sure as mine has not been shipped yet. All that was in spite of inquiring about it before I even placed the order but to be fair they did offer me a refund.

Leave a comment:

• cybertrip
    replied
    Originally posted by mdunn View Post
    I have a blue 2000 Katana 600 and I am going to change the fairing and cowling with a kit off Ebay. From what I read in the post here I will have to replace the rear tail light which is fine with me as I hate the one on it right now. My 2000 Katana is 100% stock. I purchased a nice used yellow tank and now will go after this kit on ebay.

Anyone ever purchase this kit before? I am going to assume I need to just deal with the rear light and thats it.

Mike
    Let us know how that kit works out. I'm curious because of the fact that it's coming out of China. I'm concerned about the paint quality and the alignment of the plastic.

Leave a comment:

• mdunn
    replied
    I have a blue 2000 Katana 600 and I am going to change the fairing and cowling with a kit off Ebay. From what I read in the post here I will have to replace the rear tail light which is fine with me as I hate the one on it right now. My 2000 Katana is 100% stock. I purchased a nice used yellow tank and now will go after this kit on ebay.

Anyone ever purchase this kit before? I am going to assume I need to just deal with the rear light and thats it.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• judstirber
    replied
    ebay is probably going to be your best bet if you are looking to just replace the left side. Anything else is hit or miss.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    88-97 600cc, and 89-97 750cc... the following body parts are the same shape, and are interchangable.

front fender
    Main fairings
    Belly cowls (and associated parts)
    Gas Tanks
    Front under light piece.
    Oil door cover.
    Windshield (600 OEM is shorter, but will work and fit)
    Mirrors

Parts that are definately different...

Tail sections, grab bars, tail lights, seats, rear underside fender.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• kat_kitten
    replied
    Originally posted by broel View Post
    Interchangeable from a 750 to a 600?
    fo' shizzle

Leave a comment:

• broel
    replied
    Interchangeable from a 750 to a 600?

Leave a comment: