Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arsenic
    replied
    The tail is not different. 98-02 are the same 03-06 the tail is different. 1999 and 2001 are the exact same thing.

Leave a comment:

• swiftsmiles
    replied
    I want to use 01 fairings on my 99 I see that the tail is different will I have to do any mods to make the tail fit. And what about the seat will I also have to get a new seat?

Leave a comment:

• sekter
    replied
    fantastic info, thanks! having an '01 It's good to know there are a few things to keep in mind

Leave a comment:

• swiftsmiles
    replied
    So if I'm understanding this right 98-06 fairing and 03-06 tail will fit on my 99... but I would still have to upgrade the tail light and headlight and whatever else? So that means it should be plug and play I shouldn't have to do any cutting.

Leave a comment:

• casone
    replied
    i have a 96 600 were can i get good used parts for it. on my bike its a 2 piece seat can i change it to one piece

Leave a comment:

• mike13
    replied
    Thanks for all the good information.
    Last edited by mike13; 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM. Reason: Found answer.

Leave a comment:

• judstirber
    replied
    Thanks, I'm trying to get parts together to sell my kat... almost 20,000 miles in a year for $2100 so needless to say it has served me well.

Leave a comment:

• camarotool
    replied
    Originally posted by judstirber View Post
    would a '98 600 front ferring fit on a 2003 600? Thanks
    Yes all post ie.98up front fairings are the same it is the tails that are different.

Leave a comment:

• judstirber
    replied
    98 front ferring

would a '98 600 front ferring fit on a 2003 600? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• stretched600
    replied
    Yes. The frames are essentially the same. However if you wanted to put the Post-98 body on you would have to swap the ENTIRE bracketry and body from another bike to make it go smoothly or Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• duckyherman
    replied
    I have a 1996 GSX600F. First bike, runs fine, but I need new fairings pretty much all around. My question is, has anyone heard of putting a different year fairing on a 96? Is it possible to modify in any way to use, say, a 1998 fairing set?

Leave a comment:

• 05RedKat600
    replied
    Better idea.....just put your 750 motor and front end onto that bike. Less work than cutting and welding a tail section on. Could be done in a weekend.

Leave a comment:

• 91GSX750
    replied
    Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    Yes... it will take a 600 donor tail frame, and some cutting/welding to make happen.

Krey
    hmm there is a 600 katana in my town that the guy wants 500 bucks for. He ran it into a parked car so the front forks are destroyed. But it runs still and the tail end is good. It could be a good donor for this.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by 91GSX750 View Post
    I apologize if this is a noob question, but I have a 1991 gsx750 but I really like the look of the 600 rear frame covers and seat. Has anyone ever switched the rear frame covers from a 600 onto a 750 bike? I just like the more pointed ducktail look of the 600s.

Yes... it will take a 600 donor tail frame, and some cutting/welding to make happen.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• 91GSX750
    replied
    I apologize if this is a noob question, but I have a 1991 gsx750 but I really like the look of the 600 rear frame covers and seat. Has anyone ever switched the rear frame covers from a 600 onto a 750 bike? I just like the more pointed ducktail look of the 600s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X