Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Vador
    replied
    Originally posted by djmikemic750 View Post
    Sorry for the noob question. I have a 99 katana and I just purchased the fairing kit from China, the only thing is that the tail is 2003. I'm on eBay right now ready to purchase the 03-06 tail light but my question is:

Is the wire behind the 2003 tail light (the one you connect to the motorcycle) compatible with my 99 motorcycle? Because it looks kinda different. Please forgive the rookie question but I do thank you in advance for helping me out.
    the lights are the same, but the plugs may be different forcing you to cut and splice manually

Leave a comment:

• djmikemic750
    replied
    1999 katana

Sorry for the noob question. I have a 99 katana and I just purchased the fairing kit from China, the only thing is that the tail is 2003. I'm on eBay right now ready to purchase the 03-06 tail light but my question is:

Is the wire behind the 2003 tail light (the one you connect to the motorcycle) compatible with my 99 motorcycle? Because it looks kinda different. Please forgive the rookie question but I do thank you in advance for helping me out.

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy32 View Post
    Alright that makes things a lot better haha! Thanks man!
    It is a steel tank, there is no cover! So if you buy one of those "china" made plastic kits, you either have to paint tank to match or get a kit that matches the tank.

Leave a comment:

• Willy32
    replied
    Alright that makes things a lot better haha! Thanks man!

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Willy32
    replied
    Alright thats what I was assuming after seeing them. So then essentially you would have to paint your tank if you wanted it a different color or pattern?

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    There isn't a plastic cover on a KAT tank, it's all steel.

Leave a comment:

• Willy32
    replied
    I was just wondering about fairing kits. My main question is, I haven't found any fairing kits that come with the gas tank cover and im wondering, does the gas tank on Kat's non interchangeable with fairing kits (the plastic cover that would be removed and replaced)?

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    No sir.

Leave a comment:

• HuntumQc
    replied
    does gsxr fairing fit on katana?

Leave a comment:

• ZukiFred
    replied
    Originally posted by Skylarking View Post
    Just to confirm.. I can interchange the 2002 katana 600 fairings with the 750 or vise versa with out a problem?
    correct

Leave a comment:

• Skylarking
    replied
    Just to confirm.. I can interchange the 2002 katana 600 fairings with the 750 or vise versa with out a problem?

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by jessereid View Post
    Hi, i have a 1992 Katana 750 and i am looking to make it in to a street fighter and am woundering if a 09-11 gsxr 1000 tail will fit? any help will be appritated!

I...

I suppose if your going to modify the bike, you can make anything fit. Otherwise, NO... it's a completely different bike.

Motorcycles are NOT legos.

:

Krey

Leave a comment:

• jessereid
    replied
    New tail for a 1992 katana

Hi, i have a 1992 Katana 750 and i am looking to make it in to a street fighter and am woundering if a 09-11 gsxr 1000 tail will fit? any help will be appritated!

Leave a comment:

• Eastern Bloc
    replied
    Originally posted by Special K View Post
    The tail sections from the 03-06 models will FIT the 98-02 models, but they require a different tail light and should use the rear under fender from the 03-06 models as well to fit right. This mod also requires a small flat plastic spacer piece under the tail which was not needed on the 98-02 models.
    Hi,
    I'm tempted into switching tails, searched diagrams of OEM parts and it seems like both models, i.e 600 98-02 and 750 03-06 have the same underfender, OE part number being 63111-08FB0-291, so what does the OP mean by having to use an under fender from a 03-06?

And what's that flat plastic spacer? any pics? can it be substituted with any spacer or is it specific in shape?

Found this set of rear plastics including the tail light in the exact same color of my bike for just under 50 euros .. what else would I need to retrofit them to my 600 2000?

Grateful for any help!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X