Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

looking for input on what mirrors to get...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Meikol2, you could be Donald duck. lol

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    I edited the second one it should work now. There are two downfalls from barend mirrors, first off the vibration and second is the size of the mirror. They do keep you legal and help avoid trouble with Johnny Law.

Leave a comment:

• Meikol2
    replied
    Thanks Kahlua! Those aren't bad.

I am starting to get a Mickey mouse complex!

Leave a comment:

• kahluamud
    replied
    In THAZKAT's second link, alsohttp: should be seperated. Just copy from http: on and paste it in your browser, hit go. It should work then.

Leave a comment:

• kahluamud
    replied
    As bar end mirrors are a little awkward at first and are sometimes ugly, one idea would be to go with some cruiser style mirrors that mount on the forward controls. They will keep the Mickey Mouse look away. Look around here: http://www.jpcycles.com/harley_WindshieldsMirrors

Also, the blue on that bike is really nice. If you do repaint, you should stick with that color. The windscreen looks great up against that color.

Leave a comment:

• takirb
    replied
    the second link isn't working

do you have any pics of a pre98 kat with barend mirrors? will the barends you linked fit on my bike? i think i'm liking those more than the fairing mount kinds i've seen..

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Nice looking Bike!! I like the shaved look but just like turn signals you need at least one mirror by law. I would go with flush mount signals and these mirrors. Unless you would like to use barend mirrors.
    This is a barend mirror

Here is another idea also

Leave a comment:

• takirb
    replied
    Originally posted by irenekat
    try 98+ mirrors...quite a few fella's have done that to their pre's
    do you have any pics of a pre 98 kat with 98+ mirrors?

Leave a comment:

• Meikol2
    replied
    Check out the "other" mirror thread. Some cool ideas in that one.

Leave a comment:

• takirb
    replied
    i don't like the pre98 stock mirrors 'cause they remind me of mickey mouse lol

Leave a comment:

• SweetLou
    replied
    I would prolly stick with the stock as well, and maybe even step up to the 98+

Leave a comment:

• takirb
    replied
    how about these?

or

for some reason, i can't seem to find any mirrors i really "like"...

i also found some flush mount signals from airtech that use LED's inside that looked pretty cool. is this where most others find their flushmounts?

Leave a comment:

• Haggisman
    replied
    The 98+ mirrors look much better on the older KAT's. I replaced mine on my 89 KAt with the newer ones and it looked much better

Leave a comment:

• Junior
    replied
    ooooooooooooooooo I like that paint job!!!!!! 8)

I agree.. try the 98+ mirrors... they should look pretty good!!

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X