Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

looking for input on what mirrors to get...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• takirb
    started a topic looking for input on what mirrors to get...

looking for input on what mirrors to get...

the previous owner said he had the front end shaved to get rid of the stock mirrors since they were so big, and threw in a set of universal CF mirrors that just look awful. i was thinking of mountin gGSXR mirrors on there, but would like suggestions before i purchase anything... TIA

• md86
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKat
    I have Gixer Mirrors on mine. Check the ride profile.

Kickin paint job dude!
    I'd like to do that myself , but I'm wondering what year mirrors work without too much fuss .

Leave a comment:

• Meikol2
    replied
    What about rear mounted cameras and a split screen monitor in the cowl? That would be sweet, like a mini Y2K!

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    I just got Emgo stock replacements from Special K. I like them alot for the pre98 750. The first thing I noticed is they are a little lower than the stock ones which puts them in the right place.

You could go to a bicycle shop and get a Helmet mirror if you don't care for bike mirrors.

Leave a comment:

• Black_peter
    replied
    All I see out of the stock mirrors are my elbows.
    I was thinking of using my old Bar-ends
    they going to need work as they are designed for open tube bars. Or what about putting a mirror down by my knee. Like the Goose?

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    I thought you would like that Bear. How much work on the the gixer mirror mod is there?

Leave a comment:

• BearKat
    replied
    I have Gixer Mirrors on mine. Check the ride profile.

Kickin paint job dude!

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    You should be able to according to KickitJp.

What BLING does surve Function?! lol

Leave a comment:

• takirb
    replied
    Originally posted by THAZKAT
    try this thread, these mirror's are bling bling!
    http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2489

how easy is it to put the 98+ mirrors on a pre98 750 Kat
    those mirrors are $$ too lol very cool, but i don't think they serve much of a function though. then again, what would i know, i've never had mirrors on mine so i have no basis for comparison lol

as far as installation of 98+ mirrors, i have one small hole the prev owner had drilled for aftermarket mirrors. i just hope the location of the hole can still be used with mounting the 98+ mirrors...

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    I like those alot better with my new windscreen. now mind you this is a cheap 1 pixel digi cam

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    I just drilled a little to the connecting plates of the 98+ mirrors and viola! They bolt right on.

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    try this thread, these mirror's are bling bling!
    http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2489

how easy is it to put the 98+ mirrors on a pre98 750 Kat

Leave a comment:

• takirb
    replied
    Irenekat,
    thanks for the pics! i wasn't sure before, but i really like the 98+ mirrors look!!! i think my mind's about made up off those pics

Originally posted by Katgirl
    That is a wicked paint job takirb!
    thanks katgirl! everyone's making me have second thoughts on repainting to just solid blue. i can always trace the lines onto a template, then have it repainted the exact same colors just a heck of a lot better of a job.

Leave a comment:

• Katgirl
    replied
    That is a wicked paint job takirb!

Leave a comment:

• irenekat
    replied
    Originally posted by takirb
    Originally posted by irenekat
    try 98+ mirrors...quite a few fella's have done that to their pre's
    do you have any pics of a pre 98 kat with 98+ mirrors?
    why yes, yes i do. not very helpful pictures due to the fact that they're side shots..but u get the idea(hopefully)

this is jocme68's bike...i'm not sure if he's on this forum or not. havent seen or spoke to him in a while
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X