X
X

Best way to fix these issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your licence plate issue, move it back a few inches and run a plate light from the inside where the tool kit is.

Comment

I am trying to get in touch with a body shop guy local to me who is a friend that owes me. I am going to try and just have him touch up the problem areas and see how it come out. I was thinking of going back to stock color but the more I look at it and ride it the more I like the contrasting colors with the blue and black.

What do you guys and gals think like or dislike the colors?

As for the bolts I am so undecided. I am thinking about what wholehogak said and buying the complete set everytime I look around the bike the more non stock bolts I find.

As for the license plate light I went to the parts store bought a license plate light and then went to the local hardware store and bought piece of sheet metal. I then cut the sheet metal to hide behind the light and the plate but still give it support. I still have to connect the wire but have to figure out which is for the light and which is for the brake. I will post pics when the plate is done.

Cyberpoet let me know what you have for extra bolts and maybe I can avoid the $50 in buying the complete set. Thanks for the offer with the painting but I don't have the equipment or space to try that I apreaciate the offer though. If I do decide to get it done I will let the proffesional take care of it and check out EmpireGP.com

Comment

Originally posted by TAFNAP
        What do you guys and gals think like or dislike the colors?
        Personally, I don't like that black with that blue. Not to say black and blue doesn't work -- I just don't think those two work well together. But that's a taste issue, and I try to avoid commenting on those too much.

Cyberpoet let me know what you have for extra bolts and maybe I can avoid the $50 in buying the complete set.
        I have the OEM belly pan screws for $1.90 each, plus first class mail shipping at actual weight.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thank you. Your opinion is welcomed I don't want to be riding around a stupid looking bike. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to hear the truth. Let me get back with you on the screws. I need to see how many I really need.

Sorry for a stupid question but you mean screws for these pics right? Are they all the same size and what color do you have?

Comment

Yup, those particular screws. M5x16, shouldered pan-head allen bolts. The ones I sell are actual Suzuki OEM, Suzuki part number 09139-05054, which means they are silver in appearance. I keep them around as a favor for those who need them -- there's no margin in such little stuff (ditto on Suzuki oil filters & filter cap wrenches, NGK spark plugs, etc, which I also carry for my KR brothers).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyberpoet thanks for all your help. I just wanted to let you know I bought the full set from bikebolts.com I want to take everything off and put it back together with the right scews since I keep finding generic screws I would hate to keep buying them ones and twos as I find new wrong screws. This way I can do the whole bike and feel better.

What else do you sell Cyberpoet do you have a website or listing of items because I will keep you in mind for the other stuff you mentioned earlier in this thread.

I also am think hard about repainting the whole bike the more and more I think of it but I think I wont be going to the stock blue but black similiar to Gromit's bike. I love the looks of this bike and my wife loved it too when I showed her.

But I still have to get in touch with my body shop guy.

Comment

What else do you sell Cyberpoet do you have a website or listing of items because I will keep you in mind for the other stuff you mentioned earlier in this thread.
                My stuff can be found here:
                http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17251

I also am think hard about repainting the whole bike the more and more I think of it but I think I wont be going to the stock blue but black similiar to Gromit's bike. I love the looks of this bike and my wife loved it too when I showed her.
                It's a very pretty color scheme he has... If you are thinking black, you should ask yourself if you want to go with a single-black or a mutliple black to have ghosted effects (flames, stripes, whatever). Just a thought.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I seen a ghosted blue bike here back last week but I can't find it again. Does anyone have any pics of a ghosted paint job I can look at for ideas?

Comment

Hey, if you're looking for OEM mirrors I have a set. I just switched mine to jag mirrors. I'll let em go cheap, just to get them out of the garage.

Thanks,
                    wholehogak

Comment

Originally posted by wholehogak
                      Hey, if you're looking for OEM mirrors I have a set. I just switched mine to jag mirrors. I'll let em go cheap, just to get them out of the garage.

Thanks,
                      wholehogak
                      Did you look at the last date someone posted in this thread? What's with all the old thread revivals today?
                      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                      -Terence

Comment

Working...
                      X