No announcement yet.
X

Cost estimates for painting a Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was quoted around $400.00cdn to have my ike painted from black to viper blue about 4 years age. If you can do the prep work yourself you will save yourself about $200.00. If you have access to an air compressor I would recomend doing it your self. It is alot of work but soooo worth it in the long run.

Comment

$1,200 bucks here in my part of town. It includes a color change. No earl scheibs/MACO here.
      Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Here's an idea worth considering:

If you order OEM fairings via any suzuki dealer (mail order or local), they come pre-painted just like they were when the bike was new. As a result, if you aren't changing colors or going fancy, you may actually be ahead in the $$ game on a late model simply ordering replacement pieces -- and way ahead if you factor in being able to sell your slightly blemished fairings for a decent price on eBay. Try pricing pieces on RonAyers to get a feel for what you'd be set back replacing only the pieces that need it with new ones; one-side front upper plus rear fairing plus belly pan will still be below that $800 figure for a full paint job -- and have one already.

Obviously, if you want a custom color, ignore my advice.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If you are painting the whole bike then it shouldn't cost extra for a color change that should only apply to a car. The reason for the extra cost is because of the door jambs. There are no jambs on bikes! I never charge extra to do a color change on any bikes. You have to apply base over the whole surface either way so it doesn't change anything! some people just have the idea it is more work!
          here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
          http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Oh, and for a good cost estimate, shoot an email to empiregp.com. Tell 'em the CyberPoet sent you. You may find that someone who does bike plastic welding & painting all the time is cheaper than your locals.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X