No announcement yet.
X

Help on choosing tires!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys I'm get alot of people saying go with the z6's... Are they just that good of a tire?

Comment

While it looks like it going to between the z6's and sport attacks!!!! I have had alot of remarks on the z6's that were good. I also have had my Mechanic and riding budda tell to go sport attacks.

Thanks to all on the input!!!!

Comment

They [the Z6's] are that good a tire on the Kats.
        Whether they are a great tire with any particular bike is a combination of a lot of factors (geometry of the bike, total power output, weight, etc.); your results on other platforms may vary.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

Last edited by The CyberPoet; 09-24-2008, 10:39 PM. Reason: clarity
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

*Merged two identical threads.

You'll get an answer by making one post.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by 750 katana View Post
            While it looks like it going to between the z6's and sport attacks!!!! I have had alot of remarks on the z6's that were good. I also have had my Mechanic and riding budda tell to go sport attacks.

Thanks to all on the input!!!!
            Very different tires. The Sport Attacks are a tire designed to maximize grip at the cost of service life, while the Z6s are a compromise tire which give up some ultimate grip to last much longer, and deal better with wet conditions. Ultimate grip IMNSHO is not that big a deal on the Kat because it is simply not capable of putting down big HP and TQ numbers.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Now I was on a gsxr with the Diablo's on it and liked it , but I can only find them in 180/70 17 in the rear. Will they fit on a 01 750?

Never mind I found the info I was looking for in one of CP's old threads
              Last edited by okaytodive; 10-10-2008, 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have the diablos in 150/70/17 on my 600 and as soon as my 750 needs tires I will be putting them on it too but for now I only have 1100 mi on the new 750 so the stock tires will stay
                My ride 2005 katana 750 metalic blue

my wifes 2002 katana 600 blue

Comment

I'm currently running Diablo Strada's (14K+ and climbing) - comparable to the Z6's, so long as you maintain pressures (I like to run a little higher 38F/41R), you'll get good service from them.
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Working...
                  X