X

G&J Aircraft Brake Lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 line vs 2 front

gona call em on monday order the 4 line set(3 front 1 back) for my pre kat. im gona go smoke or green.
    im intrested in the 2 line front just not sure how thats gona look anyone have pics

Comment

• I got my G&J lines (4-line setup plus the clutch line) installed this week so now I have a set of OEM lines lying around doing nothing. Next 1100 owner wanting new lines send me a PM and we can make arrangements to send my old lines to G&J to use as patterns for yours.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• When the time comes, I will remember that...
        In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

• So, I contacted G&J to order lines, I want to do a 2-line front on my '03 Katana, but they don't have my measurements.

I'll need to order a total of three lines (one for back). Does anyone know the lengths for a 2-line front on a post Katana? They also say they need the banjo bolt size and threading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashes View Post
            So, I contacted G&J to order lines, I want to do a 2-line front on my '03 Katana, but they don't have my measurements.

I'll need to order a total of three lines (one for back). Does anyone know the lengths for a 2-line front on a post Katana? They also say they need the banjo bolt size and threading.
            Call them back up and reach through the phone and slap the crap out of them, I and many others have had lines made for the kat's and I gave them my post 750 line set and I think I gave them a post 600 set.

Tmod

Comment

• I got mine a few weeks back in smoke for my 2000 750. They look and perform amazingly. The whole process of ordering was so smooth. One thing to note is that the lines do not come with new crush washers which isn't a huge deal, but something to keep in mind. Although suzuki wants ~ $1.47 per washer (!!!!!!!), Russel has a 10 pack for $4 give or take on motorcycle superstore. The difference is night and day in braking performance
              "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                Call them back up and reach through the phone and slap the crap out of them, I and many others have had lines made for the kat's and I gave them my post 750 line set and I think I gave them a post 600 set.

Tmod

Well, I'll call them up, it was Cliff that I was speaking with earlier. Hopefully I get it set straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashes View Post
                  Well, I'll call them up, it was Cliff that I was speaking with earlier. Hopefully I get it set straight.
                  Talk to George, Cliff is the old man and sometimes he not thinky straight.

Tmod

Comment

• Well, I talked to them, and I think we have it squared away. The brake lines are on their way!

Comment

• Just ordered a set friday. The order went well hopefully they will be in this week sometime. As for the crush washers does the katana take 10mm washers? I saw a mention of russell and found there are two sizes, 10mm and 12mm. I'm guessing 10mm, but wanted to see if anyone could verify.
                      1993 Kat 600 & 1999 Kat 750

Comment

• Originally posted by ottoguy View Post
                        Just ordered a set friday. The order went well hopefully they will be in this week sometime. As for the crush washers does the katana take 10mm washers? I saw a mention of russell and found there are two sizes, 10mm and 12mm. I'm guessing 10mm, but wanted to see if anyone could verify.
                        10mm it is.

Tmod

Comment

• I have a few questions that I didn't find answers to.

1) Will their banjo fittings fit the splitter for a three line system?

2)What size are the bajo bolts on a 95 Kat 750, 10x1.0 or 10x1.25?

3) Are their banjos zinc or SS?

My Russell two line kit has started leaking and the banjos are rusting.My bike is kept in a building and doesn't get ridden in bad weather.I installed them about 3.5 years ago and they only have around 3000 miles on them.

4)Anyone replaced their rear line with SS.I know it makes the brake a bit more touchy and easier to lock up.I don't have an issue with that.

Thanks in advance.
                          I am the one "THEY" call Ben.
                          http://maniccycles.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manic-...69358576434069

Comment

• Just ordered a set of lines from Cliff. Now I'm looking for fittings.

The russell brand crush washers someone mentioned above are aluminum, which apparently you don't want to mix with stainless steel

Does anyone know what material the stock banjos and crush washers are?

Comment

• stock banjos are steel, washers are copper

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
                                Just ordered a set of lines from Cliff. Now I'm looking for fittings.

The russell brand crush washers someone mentioned above are aluminum, which apparently you don't want to mix with stainless steel

Does anyone know what material the stock banjos and crush washers are?
                                They have the fittings there.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                                X