X

G&J Aircraft Brake Lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
    i had mine within a week or 2, i cant remember exactly how long but i was happy.
    What year bike do you have?

Comment

will be sending them front and back lines for a pre 600 soon. going with 2 line fronts, hopefully easier to bleed.

Comment

Joedan, did you ever send your front brake lines in? I'm looking at ordering a 3 line (2 front, 1 rear) setup for my pre kat very soon. It's been awhile since my lines were changed and these are a GREAT deal.

Comment

Slomies I am wondering the same thing.....If you find out the answer then LMK.

Comment

MikeyZ: thank you, I would appreciate that and I will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Slomies View Post
              MikeyZ: thank you, I would appreciate that and I will do the same.
              Just read his post in this thread.....

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
              swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
              Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

He must have already gotten them! I think I will be ordering them soon.

Comment

I will be ordering them soon as well. I am just waiting to hear back why he ordered a longer rear line...

Edit: MikeyZ thanks for the link

Comment

@Wild-Bill: Sorry, I just saw your question from 2010! I have not sent my lines in for a jig yet; I was checking this thread to see if anyone had gotten a template established for an 1100.

Is a template for an 1100 established?
                  In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

did anyone get the red ones ? if so please post a pic of them on the bike
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• Originally posted by spatula6554 View Post
                      @Wild-Bill: Sorry, I just saw your question from 2010! I have not sent my lines in for a jig yet; I was checking this thread to see if anyone had gotten a template established for an 1100.

Is a template for an 1100 established?
                      Great! Now we're going to have to wait until next year for an answer to your question.

1100s just get no love around here!
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• I will be sending in the lines for my '88 1100 in the next couple/three weeks. Just started going through the bike and ordering parts. I will be redoing the entire front end so it doesn't matter if is apart a bit. Still haven't decided on springs and how far I can afford to get into the forks.

I also have to change the fork seals on my Magna first so I'm not working on both bikes at the same time. With the crap weather we've been having, having a bike to ride probably doesn't matter.

Tom

Comment

• Which Magna do you have? I'm working on an '84 V65.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• I have the '87 700 Magna (the tariff years). I had the same bike with a lot less miles when I was 19-20 and paid $1500 (V45 750cc Canadian), 20 years later I paid 800 more for 5x the miles and 50cc less.

I think how much money I would save without nostalgia.

If I could get one really cheap, I wouldn't mind stuffing a V65 motor in it. Would be interesting if it came together.

Thomas

Comment

• I don't think a V65 would fit in your frame. I had an '84 VF700F (Really regret selling that!) and the engine in this Magna looks much larger than I remember the V45 being.

I think we just hijacked this thread. Let's stop that.
                              I may need to send in the Magna brake lines to G&J, too. It came with a mix of rubber and braided lines. (Why would you do that?!)
                              Last edited by Wild-Bill; 05-20-2011, 05:40 AM.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                                hey , anyone know if they ship to Norway ( Europe )
                                for international buyers, I got an email from them and they do ship internationally.

well they claim they ship internationally. BUT after 3 emails I wanted to place the order with the right color for the right bike the suddenly stopped answeringme. that was 2 weeks ago. friday I called them and told them the story . they claimed the one email guy they have had been on a 1 week wacation. they said they will answer me in 2 hours. their words not mine. they got my email and I mean how many norwegians do you think are buying this from them ? its just me , easy to find the emails....

monday mid day now.. a little more than their own stated 2 hours. I decide FOCK EM.

just placed order with jimmy , he is awesome in answering emails.

international buyers...nevermind these guys.
                                Last edited by mammut89; 06-27-2011, 12:30 PM.
                                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X