No announcement yet.
X

G&J Aircraft Brake Lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good deal, will have to look into this.

Comment

What are the lengths of G&J's braided lines for a post 600? (2 line setup)

Comment

nice looking set.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobberwocky View Post
          What are the lengths of G&J's braided lines for a post 600? (2 line setup)
          if they don't have a template already, take your stocks off send them in have them make a jig.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Has anyone done a 93 1100 front yet?
            In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Well I called in today for a 2-line front setup for a post 600. They were gonna get started on it today and give me a call tomorrow before they shipped it out for a final price.

When I first asked about it they quoted me a 4-line setup (3-line front, 1 rear) for only $71.00! That's a great price!

edit:
              LAME! Called today and they haven't made them because they didn't know what banjo angle went to caliper (they didn't label which end was which of the 3-line template they had) and they didn't call me to check. So now they won't ship til Tuesday...
              Last edited by Jobberwocky; 05-28-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I would just like to throw my .02 into this as well, i bought them and installed them, i absolutly love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                  2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by spatula6554 View Post
                    Has anyone done a 93 1100 front yet?
                    @spatula: Did you ever get your lines? I'm working on a 17" wheel conversion using Pre 600/750 brakes and I'd love to upgrade the lines while I'm at it.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Very nice, thanx for sharing. This will help me out a great deal getting a 12" over stretch done this weekend and was wondering where to get my extended brake line. Once its all done I'll get you the measurement and a payment if you wouldn't mind helping me out bro. Thanx

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                      BarMatt80 clued me into a place that is close to me that makes custom brake lines for bikes as well as other vehicles and aircraft. They use hose manufactured by Titeflex which is used in Aerospace, Commercial as well as Automotive applications. After talking a bit and telling George (One owner) that I wanted a custom 2 line set he sat with me for a bit and we figured out what I needed and off he went to the back to make it up for me. About 10 minutes later he came back with most of the line set complete but he wanted me to verify how I wanted the top fittings to be rotated and once I verified that he was correct he went back and returned a few minutes later with a completed set of brake lines. I got the color they call smoked and my measurement was correct after installing on the bike. The C to C measurement for me was 33.5" with the master cylinder fittings rotated 90 degress from the caliper fittings. I was happy with the quick service that I sent him to the back to get me a 3 line (Stock) line set made just for a example in the nice looking blue sheath this time. He returned a while later with everything rotated exactly like the factory lines with the same bends in the fittings and all. All in all I paid $49.00 USD for the 2 line set and $50.00 USD for the 3 line set for a total of $99.00 for 2 sets of lines. I asked about a Katriders Discount but with those prices he said they couldn't cut the cost anymore. I did leave my stock lines with George and told him the years they fit so if anyone wants braided brake lines I would suggest they contact George and tell him what ya want. If anyone needs anything special or wants me to pick them up a set (I am not paying for them) I would be more than happy to help ya out. I am attaching some images of the colors they have for the sheathing and they use silver colored ends on all lines and they are steel and not aluminum. They don't sell the banjo bolts as they suggest just re-using the stock ones. Well anyway here are the images.

G&J Aircraft & Competition
                      Contact George Fishback Jr.
                      909-986-6534

Colors Available:

2 Line Smoked Sheath:

3 Line Set in Blue Sheathing:

Tmod

Comment

hey , anyone know if they ship to Norway ( Europe )
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I guess Ill call them soon
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Will they have the measurements for the front lines and such for a pre-kat?? (92)

Looking to order soon, also how long did it take you guys to get yours??

Thanks guys

Will they have the measurements for the front lines and such for a pre-kat?? (92)

Looking to order soon, also how long did it take you guys to get yours??

Thanks guys
                            Last edited by MikeyZ; 02-22-2011, 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i had mine within a week or 2, i cant remember exactly how long but i was happy.
                              "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                              2004 marauder 800

Comment

Does anyone know if G&J has the measurements, etc. for an 1100?
                                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                                X