Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

why all the talk of 04+ master cylinders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looking at ur first post Joeyz - I'd say that it's maybe cos the 2000-2003 DON'T work well so that's why they on ebay cos they couldn't stop the bikes that had them fitted! Ha ha! Just kidding !

Other than differences already mentioned, one often overlooked difference is the size of the (hydraulic) pathways. I doubt it'll be a major difference though seeing as other MC's work. Fit the right pads though and you'll be sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      But seriously...
      Chris, how long have you been using HH rears on the Kat? Is the lock up predicable?
      Was that on a new rotor? Can you trail brake with them?
      I normally use HH EBCs on the rear of my Kats, and as long as you do the complete install AND ADJUST, you can do anything you want (including trail-braking). I won't recommend them to riders in the first five years of riding because they are really easy to lock the rear with if you don't take the extra effort to actually adjust the master-cylinder to put the lock-up point just barely out of reach of your foot's rotation ability -- esp. with the Crapadams, the HH's and a semi-trained rider -- it's is a formula for disaster. And that adjustment is quite a PIA because of where the master cylinder for the rear sits.

And there you have my secret about using them - literally the only way to lock the rear on one of my bikes that I've done the full brake upgrades on is to remove your foot from the peg and slam down on the lever; as long as the foot stays on the peg, the lever can't be pushed all the way to lock-up.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X